Requisition Id 2067
The Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) FIE and DOE-IN Programs division is seeking a talented Information Technology professional who has
strong VMware Virtualization experience, Microsoft Windows Server experience, and SAN storage experience.This position requires a highly motivated and multifaceted individual who thrives on using a wide variety of skills to be part of a proactive, responsive and customer focused Secure Information Technology group supporting the National Security Sciences Directorate (NSSD) staff within the Oak Ridge Complex
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The Systems Engineer functions as part of an elite Information Technology team responsible for providing both server and system administration as well as computing systems support services in a primarily Microsoft Windows based secure environment.This position will interface with the Department of Energy Headquarters (DOE HQ), Other Government Agencies (OGA's), and external customers to design, upgrade, maintain, and troubleshoot new and existing systems. Additional duties may require appointment as an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) for one or more classified systems requiring interpretation, coordination, documentation, and application of information system security requirements. Additional duties may include COMSEC Custodian, TEMPEST Coordinator, or Protected Transmission System (PTS) responsibilities.
- Designing, planning and maintaining Data Center Virtualization
- Designing, planning and maintaining Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Designing, configuring, and managing storage systems
- Creating, updating and maintaining Data Center documentation
- Planning, configuring, implementing and maintaining Systems Center Configuration Manager
- Workstation management, including operating systems and application delivery
- Server management, including management of Active Directory
- Planning, testing and creating group policy
- Designing, configuring, and maintaining operations monitoring
Associate degree in computer science or related field and 2-7 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in server and system administration in classified and unclassified networks is required, along with the following.
- Demonstrated ability in strategic thinking, planning, troubleshooting and supporting Local Area Network (LAN) infrastructure environments is required.
- Must possess superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work as a team player.
- Must be organized, motivated and be able to work with minimal guidance.
- VMware, Windows Server, EMC and NetApp experience.
- Sound knowledge of hardware troubleshooting.
- Possess excellent interpersonal communications skills.
- Strong documentation skills are also required.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, up to three years of direct, hands-on experience on an Information Technology network.
- Active directory operations and management experience, knowledge of IP networking principles, Virtual Machine experience, and a strong background in troubleshooting workstation operating systems and application issues.
- Experience with DOE, DOD, ICD, and FISMA regulatory requirements is highly desirable.
- Microsoft Windows and VMware certifications are highly desirable.
- TEMPEST training and certification, as well as COMSEC experience, are highly desirable.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance from the Department of Energy. As such, this position is a Workplace Substance Abuse (WSAP) testing designated position. WSAP positions require passing a pre-placement drug test and participation in an ongoing random drug testing program.
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting@ornl.gov.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.