Do you find joy in helping others? Are you looking for a fun rewarding career? At Oak Park Place, our goal is to Share our GIFTS to enhance the lives of those we serve. If this sounds like your calling, we want to talk to you. Share your gifts and make a difference in the lives of seniors every day. Oak Park Place is hiring! As a smaller company, we cater to our resident’s needs, and take pride in providing an employee friendly work environment
We are currently looking for an Activities Director for our beautiful Dubuque facility. The Activity Director plans and organizes activities that provide entertainment, exercise and relaxation to our residents. Duties include encouraging hobbies, planning parties, crafts, games and other activities. This position requires excellent communication, creativity, positive attitude and a can do attitude!
Job Duties for the Activity Director
- Assess needs, plan and manage all aspects of our comprehensive activities program, working with department resources, team members, and volunteers
- Get to know each resident individually to better understand needs and varying interests and coordinate activities accordingly
- Involve family, residents, staff and community volunteers to participate as a regular part of the program
- Network within the community to establish and develop a relationship with local businesses, organizations, and schools to build and maintain a volunteer base
- Make sure to go to all the residents to drive participation
- Manages the procurement, care, and maintenance of all event supplies and equipment
- Promotes positive public relations through contacting media sources regarding special events and generating sympathy, holiday, and thank-you communications
- Two years of previous experience in a social or recreational program within the last 5 years
- Associate degree preferred
- Previous experience in a supervisory role
- Previous experience working with seniors is preferred
- Strong organizational and planning skills required
- Ability to work independently is a must
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive pay and benefit package including health, dental and vision
- Company-paid LTD, AD&D and life insurance
- Excellent paid time off package
- Adoption assistance
- Employee assistance program
Apply today to start your new career!
Oak Park Place
Why Work Here?Oak Park Place is a growing Senior Living Community serving communities throughout Wisconsin and crossing the borders into Iowa and Minnesota. Our philosophy is to share the gifts and talents of our compassionate team with those who call Oak Park Place their home.
We are a growing company and the right individuals have a great opportunity to grow their careers!