Electrical Engineer, Team Lead, Medical
OXOS Medical, Inc. Atlanta, GA
- Posted: November 03, 2020
OXOS Medical, Inc. is a fast-growing medical technology startup that is revolutionizing orthopedic imaging with its handheld, digital X-ray imaging system, the Micro C, which is currently pending FDA-clearance. Additionally, OXOS Medical is expanding into cloud-based imaging platforms, robotic guided imaging, intraoperative computed tomography, and telemedical solutions for DoD and rural healthcare. OXOS Medical has raised $10M to date from prominent MedTech investors and renowned orthopedic surgeons.
OXOS Medical is pushing current design boundaries of x-ray, high voltage power supplies, microelectronics, analog signaling, robotics, and computed photography. OXOS is seeking an experienced engineer to bring design experience, project management, and specific engineering insight into the development of our third generation radiographic products and accessories.
About the Role:
The Electrical Engineering Team Lead will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of new PCBs within the next generation Micro C. The Team Lead will work closely with Software, Mechanical, and Firmware Engineering Teams to design, schedule, and build new features, resolve issues, and apply necessary design principles to conform with industry compliance standards. The first projects will involve very high voltage power supplies, x-ray generation, carbon nanotube emission, wireless and infrared positional tracking, embedded computer vision, medical robotic controls, automated hardware testing platforms, 3d reconstruction devices, and device miniaturization.
OXOS expects the Team Lead to dedicate 40% of their time to engineering and 60% of their time to design and management. Team Leads should be effective communicators with an excellent understanding of project management, technical design, and agile estimation. Ultimately, the Team Lead is responsible for the commitment, scheduling, and delivery of their team, which optimally consists of 4 engineers: a Senior Scientist, two Staff Engineers, and a Junior Engineer.
- Understand the entire system architecture and how it relates to team initiatives
- Interface closely with the Technical Product Owner and regulatory teams
- Lead and/or consult on the electrical design of multiple products
- Oversight of system solutions and PCBs using modern eCAD software (Altium)
- Review existing PCB designs for compliance with specified standards
- Determine, document, and implement necessary changes for compliance
- Produce and review design documentation
- Produce and review design and manufacturing testing plans
- Consult and arbitrate the teams commitments within OXOS
- Empower the Senior Scientist to push the envelope of design and achievability
- Oversee and Mentor Staff and Junior Engineers
- Responsible for team member evaluations, hiring, and oversight
- Provide system-level architecture review, consulting, and oversight
- Perform design reviews
- Guide and monitor the progress of resources via online collaboration tools and daily standups.
- Responsible for sprint planning, backlog grooming, and task estimation
- Assign tasks and monitor the progress of team members
- Identify vendors for developing prototypes, manufacturing production boards, and nominal and novel COTS component suppliers.
- Evaluate new tools and technologies for inclusion in future designs.
- Work with quality/reliability engineering to identify and minimize sources of technical risk
- Ensure that the product meets medical device-related safety and compliance standards
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of project management work experience
- Experience with Project Planning and Total Product Lifecycle Management
- Expertise in modern technical project management tools
- Mastery of critical chains and dependencies in EE
- Experience with Agile Development Processes a plus
- Experience working on x-ray emitting systems a plus
- Experience with IEC 60601-1, 60601-1-2
- Experience with 60601-1-3, 60601-2-28, 60601-2-54 a plus
- Experience with evaluating analog and digital circuit design, reviewing PCB layouts
- Experience with utilizing electronic CAD tools like Altium
- IEC/ISO/UL/CE Compliance experience
- Exposure to medical device design controls
1230 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30309