Service Technician I
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
OWP Engines is looking for a Service Technician I for our Oklahoma City, OK location
We are looking for a qualified mechanic to join the team at our Oklahoma City, OK location as a Level 1 Diesel Service Technician. We invite you to come and be part of taking our company to the next level of repair and service that our customers deserve at OWP Engines. Our Oklahoma City branch is a small shop, and we are proud of our quick reliable service, servicing all brands of engines.
OWP Engines is a master distributor of Perkins engines with full-service dealers throughout the Central and Western United States. OWP Engines provides new and remanufactured Perkins engines for more than 160 original equipment manufacturers, offering best-in-class engines for material handling, agriculture, construction, mining and industrial uses. We operate the largest diesel engine remanufacturing program in North American and have remanufactured Perkins engines for more than 20 years.
OWP Engines offers a competitive total compensation plan which includes a comprehensive benefit package consisting of medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending account participation, Paid Time Off (“PTO”), as well as company-paid holidays, and a generous 401K match program.
- Ability to remove and install parts, disassemble, and assemble components, and test and adjust
- Perform basic preventative maintenance services on various pieces of equipment
- Utilize manufacturer software programs associated with repairing and diagnosing equipment
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and write routine reports and correspondence
- Use of various mechanic’s tools and operate equipment, including basic hand tools, crane, hydraulic press, and forklift
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of personalities and has excellent customer service skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages
- Ability to maintain composure under stressful working conditions
- Ability to work in and support a “TEAM” environment
- Must be competent with a PC and Windows based programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Ability to learn new products and skills
- Ability to use hand tools in the shop as well as the field
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks
- Ability to clearly document repair and work efforts
- Ability to perform in the shop and field work environment
- Basic computer skills
- Must have a valid driver's license and must be insurable.
- Must have basic set of mechanical tools
- 1-2 years’ experience working with diesel engines
- Two-year certificate from accredited college or diesel technician program. (preferred)
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions
- Must have own tools (specialty tools will be supplied by OWP Engines)
- Overtime will be required and will be determined by business needs
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to travel by car or air as needed
- Ability to stoop, kneel, and crawl
- Ability to see, hear, talk and touch
- Ability to use repetitive motion with computer, keyboard, and mouse
- Ability to work in a fast-paced/high pressure environment, support various projects, and meet tight deadline
Yaculta Companies shall abide by the requirements of 40 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a).
Yaculta Companies will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Yaculta Companies will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Yaculta Companies will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because they are a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran (hereinafter collectively referred to as “protected veteran(s)”) in regard to any position for which the employee or applicant for employment is qualified.
Yaculta Companies will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of physical or mental disability in regard to any position for which the employee or applicant for employment is qualified.
OWP EnginesWhy Work Here?
Opportunity for growth and great benefits!
OWP Engines provides new and re-manufactured Perkins engines, custom-designed engine and generator packages, application engineering, aftermarket support and genuine parts for customers across the Western U.S. and around the world.
4253 Will Rogers ParkwayOklahoma City, OK
ManufacturingView all jobs at OWP Engines