Reading Specialist: Grades 1-5
OWN - Our World Neighborhood Charter Schools Astoria, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
To serve as a teacher for OWN Charter Schools. To provide students with a first-class learning experience that maximizes their intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development, including the development of their ability to apply their intellect to solving problems and contribute to their communities as enlightened and responsible citizens.
- Share commitment to the success of the mission, vision, goals, and objectives of OWN Charter Schools.
- Support and fully participate in a school culture that focuses on student and adult learning.
- Set high expectations and standards for the achievement of students and own personal performance.
- Offer content and instruction that ensures student achievement of school’s academic standards.
- Support the school’s philosophy that values continuous learning for adults tied to student learning and other school goals.
- Use multiple sources of data collection to analyze barriers to student achievement and to access, identify and apply to instructional improvement.
- Provide opportunities for the community to be involved in student and school success.
- Set student goals and instructional outcomes aligned with NYS benchmarks and based on specific student assessment in reading for students in grades 6-8
- Evaluate reading problems of students who are significantly below grade level in reading and interpret assessment information
- Design coherent instruction that demonstrates knowledge of content, pedagogy, students, and resources
- Design and use student assessments that are congruent with instructional outcomes and inform future planning
- Deliver quality, targeted instruction that engages and challenges students
- Establish an effective classroom culture for learning within an orderly environment of warmth, respect, and rapport
- Manage student behavior through setting expectations, managing classroom procedures, and monitoring/responding to students
- Maintain accurate records and relevant data
- Work closely with classroom teachers and learning specialists to plan instruction, analyze student work, and ensure continuity between classroom and intervention work
- Model effective strategies for teaching struggling readers
- Develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with students’ families
- Seek out and participate in appropriate professional development opportunities
- Contribute to the school community through participation, professionalism, collegiality, and passion.
Powered by JazzHR
OWN - Our World Neighborhood Charter Schools
EducationView all jobs at OWN - Our World Neighborhood Charter Schools