The Physician Recruitment Specialist is responsible for the successful recruitment of physicians and advanced practice providers for OVP Health including on-boarding and retention processes. The Physician Recruitment Specialist will facilitate and coordinate with the Director of Recruiting and VP of Business Development and associated departments and hospitals to coordinate recruitment for associated hospital programs. The Physician Recruitment Specialist will also work closely with the Director of Contracted Services and Executive Assistant in coordinating schedules for Medical Directors. The Physician Recruitment Specialist is responsible to the Director of Recruiting. This is a salary position with hours and schedule established to complete required duties. This position is defined by the U.S. Department of Labor and as “exempt”.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identifies and sources targeted physicians and Advance Practice Providers (APP) using a variety of creative and effective recruitment methods. Reviews CVs/applications and phone screens all candidates to determine quality and fit for the organization. Present physician opportunities with detail and clarity, providing information about OVP Health, compensation plan, benefits, and specific elements of the position.
- Creates a comprehensive practice description for each opportunity. Prepares job descriptions and develops job postings for company web site. Identifies and searches candidate database(s) for potential candidates. Develops hiring campaigns for providers and places follow-up calls to proactively source candidates.
- Researches and attends job fairs, conferences and other physician recruitment opportunities. Researches association publications, web sites and other appropriate resources on which to post physician opportunities. Develops relationships with residency programs. Assist with the development of promotional materials, such as banners and posters to be used in recruitment events.
- Maintains a candidate tracking worksheet/database reflecting documentation of positions open, interviews scheduled, conversations had, offers made or not made, offers accepted or not accepted, reasons for offers declined, etc. Follows up with all candidates and referring parties in a timely manner.
- Tracks and verifies all invoices and funds spent on external recruitment resources; including job postings, ad placements, third party placement fees, etc. Analyzes effectiveness of advertising and resources used.
- Directs, organizes and coordinates all aspects of candidate itineraries, agendas, and site visits including: travel and hotel reservations, clinic, hospital and community tours, appointments with physicians, lunch/dinner reservations, and processes all related receipts. Prepares financial documents for OVP Health for the purpose of tracking expenses. May escort candidates through their interviews and visit. May participate in Physician Orientation.
- Contacts a minimum of three professional references for each candidate; documents information gathered and submits to Director of Recruiting. Follows-up and obtains feedback from interviewers and candidates after interview to determine interest on all parties’ behalf.
- Provides continued assistance to new hire physicians in becoming acclimated to the community during their transition/relocation. Contacts new hires after 30 and 60 days to determine satisfaction with the process and assess opportunities for improvement.
- Stays current on regional and national physician hiring trends and practices; researches competitor’s activities to keep informed of changes impacting OVP Health’s ability to hire and retain top physician talent. Provides input to improve physician-related processes.
- Two years of recruiting experience in clinical or non-clinical setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, related field or equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to access internet at home.
- 4 Years recruiting experience; physicians, healthcare or agency recruiting experience.
- Advanced proficiency in various computer applications, e.g. word processing, excel spreadsheet, e-mail, database management and presentation software.
- Excellent communication skills including negotiation skills; must be persistent and persuasive.
- Must be able to establish rapport and effective working relationships with physicians and clinic administrators.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage a large workload within tight deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills and self-motivation.
- Ability to develop alternative solutions to problems; comparing and analyzing data; preparing clear, concise, thorough, meaningful, and grammatically correct written reports, letters, memoranda, and other documents.
- Ability to independently plan, organize, positive attitude, highly self-motivated, directed and change oriented.
Physical demands described are representative of those that must be routinely met by and employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials duties.
- Ability to lift minimum 25 pounds.
- Ability to perform job responsibilities in a facility with multiple levels and without elevator or mechanical transportation.
- Operates a computer and keyboard.
This position requires travel.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position, and core hours and workdays are Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This job operates in a business environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Some contact with medical equipment may occur.
- Working conditions described are representative of those that must be routinely met by and employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Smoke-free environment.
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or a skill required for the job and is subject to review and change in accordance with the needs of OVP Health. and contractual obligations.
OVP Health provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OVP Health complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OVP Health expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper inference with the ability of OVP Health employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.