Seeking a Principal Safety and Health Specialist contractor to provide support to our client in Aiken, SC.
Job Posting Close Date:8/17/2020
Staff Augmentation shall provide personnel to support the Surplus Plutonium Disposition (SPD) and NNSA Capital Projects mission being performed by the client. The primary focus of these support efforts will be to assist in the development, preparation and operation of the Safety processes associated with the SPD and NNSA Capital Projects. The client will draw on the support personnel's experience and expertise. Personnel must ensure inclusion of all necessary Health and Safety Program needs related to program materials, hazardous materials, occupational injury/illnesses, and OSHA regulations.
The Sr. Safety Engineer will:
- Advise on Health and Safety evaluation, compliance, and suggestions for improvement
- Demonstrate understanding of OSHA and DOE Health and Safety expectations and implementation
- Review Assisted Hazard Analyses (AHAs), work packages, and other materials.
- Consult with management on all safety and health matters.
- Assess organizational safety and health requirements.
- Conduct safety inspections.
- Provide training and evaluation of other safety related employees.
- Assist in the development of Health and Safety Program Materials.
Minimal offsite travel may be required.
- Experience conducting safety inspections in the industrial and field settings
- Experience in hazard analysis processes and related documentation
- Experience in reviewing and implementing OSHA standards and other Health and Safety documents
- Ability to identify and quantify potential hazards/exposures
- Experience determining applicable limits and implementing control schemes that protect the work force
- Prior Health and Safety experience at a DOE site is desirable.
EDUCATION: BS Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Industrial Hygiene, or related field (or equivalent major) and 7 years of Healthy and Safety experience OR combination of education and experience.
WORK HOURS: A 40-hour work week is scheduled; however, the specific work schedule will be established based upon the project needs. The client utilizes various work schedules; including 4/10's (10 hours/day, 4 days per week), 5/8's (8 hour/day; five days per week) and, 9/80's (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Workweek excludes client holidays. Each workday has an unpaid 30-minute lunch.
AREA SECURITY ACCESS: An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. Candidate(s) must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE "Q" security clearance.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship.
OUTSOURCE Consulting Services, Inc. (OCSI.co) embraces equal opportunity. We are dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that embodies a diversity of experiences, views and skill sets.
OCSI.co provides great benefits to our federal contractors: PTO, Holidays, Healthcare, Dental, Short/Long Term Disability, Vision, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), 401(k) Savings Plan, and Direct Deposit.
To learn more about OCSI.co, we welcome you to please visit our corporate website at www.ocsi.co. Thank you for your interest in our jobs. We look forward to seeing your resume!
Note: We are unable to sponsor H1B Visa's and/or subcontract to Third Party Vendors.
OUTSOURCE Consulting Services