Business Services Specialist - CWP
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SUMMARY: The CommunityWorks’ Project is a program in where Human Solutions Inc. is one of 5 community-based organizations that will provide job preparation and placement services to Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) participants who are participating in Job Opportunities Basic Skills (JOBS) program. The Resource Coordinator will develop, coordinate and maintain business and community resources for JOBS participants to meet their employment plan goals and to achieve project outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include some or all of the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
1. Assist employers with ongoing training needs; address concerns of employers; provide effective follow-up to placement. Work with employers to resolve ongoing issues.
2. Stay abreast on local business and industry development trends. Target growing industries which are true match for JOBS participants’ employment opportunities.
3. Develop, maintain and constantly update the employer database.
4. Support Project Manager in daily project operation, outcomes achievement, and developing reports to DHS management and project leadership team.
5. Facilitate regular project staff meetings to ensure employment resource sharing, participants’ referrals to employment opportunities, coordination with local businesses and partnering agencies. Encourage open communication and team approach to project activities with a customer service approach.
6. Support Employment & Engagement Specialist in developing employment opportunities for participants.
7. Facilitate regular project orientations to introduce JOBS participants to CommunityWorks’ partnering agencies and project activities.
8. Provide participants final screening prior to job referral as it relates to their qualifications and availability.
9. Act as liaisons between employers and Employment & Engagement Specialist as needed for participants hiring, employment retention and other skill building activities.
10. Organize employers’ presentations and hiring events for project participants
11. Prepare written and verbal presentations to individuals and groups; speak to trade organizations, local and state employer groups, training providers, community organizations, etc. to provide public awareness about CommunityWorks’ project.
12. Provide on-site support for CommunityWorks’’ team on behalf of Program Manager at the times of her absence.
13. Offer input on best practices research and information-gathering to be conducted by consortium Leadership team and Project Manager.
14. Represent CommunityWorks’ consortium at meetings with DHS management and staff, WorkSource centers and other agencies upon Project Manager’s request.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position is qualifying. This would typically include:
1. Experience with pre-employment activities and job search development.
2. Advanced knowledge and/or experience in job development and placement activities.
3. Knowledge and/or experience of vocational and/or placement counseling for immigrant and refugee populations.
4. Knowledge of the local job market and concerns of employers.
5. Ability to function in a positive manner in a demanding work environment, to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility, to respond to priorities and schedules that change frequently.
6. Ability to meet multiple, sometimes conflicting deadlines.
7. Strong analytical and decision-making abilities.
8. Ability to deal with distressed and/or demanding clients and employees in an effective manner.
9. Ability to work in a fast paced environment and make good judgments as it pertains to clients.
10. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
11. Strong skills in intercultural, interpersonal and organizational communication.
12. Ability to communicate in a positive manner verbally, in writing, and by phone.
13. Ability to communicate with a variety of personality types and levels of the organization as well as with persons outside of the organization.
14. Ability to listen for understanding and assist in problem solving.
15. Ability to prepare clear, accurate and concise reports.
16. Be punctual, good attendance, and be able to work flexible hours to meet the availability of clients.
17. Ability to use basic office equipment, telephone, copy machine, fax machine, and computer.
18. Ability to sit, stand, walk, drive, talk on the phone and/or use computer for long periods of time.
19. Possess a valid driver's license and verification of current auto-insurance, and have full use of automobile during work hours.
20. Participate in staff meetings, trainings, committees, and volunteer activities to support Human Solutions Inc. goals.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's Degree in social service/social sciences field with at least six (6) months experience providing workforce development services; or any combination of education and work experience in social services, employment development and case management totaling four years.
Experience with pre-employment activities and job search development.
Advanced knowledge and/or experience in job development and placement activities.
Knowledge and/or experience of vocational and/or placement counseling for immigrant and refugee populations. Knowledge of the local job market and concerns of employers.
OUR JUST FUTURE
Get fresh Business Services Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.