OTTO – designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
Our Quality Supervisor will supervise, and coordinate activities of employees engaged in first article, incoming and, final inspection and calibration activities. Determine, from Engineering drawings and specification, the inspection equipment to be used. Identify, develop and implement improvements associated with inspection and calibration activities resulting in a positive impact to Production throughput and overall inspection cost. Work with the Quality Systems Manager to develop, implement and maintain a Supplier Management Program.
Specifically, the Quality Supervisor will:
· Train and direct Quality Specialists, Quality Inspectors, CMM Programmers and Farm Team members.
· Manage Inspection dept personal to assure timely and accurate inspection reports in addition to providing consistent throughput
· Define, document and implement the most appropriate inspection method for first piece, incoming and final inspections based on part number/family, material type and/or part feature.
· Review and approve supplier FAIRs (First Article Inspection Reports).
· Coordinate completion of customer FAI (First Article Inspection) Reports per requirements such as AS9102 and AIAG Production Part Approval Process (i.e., PPAP).
· Participate in the Material Review Board (MRB) – including issue, disposition and close Discrepant Material Reports (DMRs).
· Responsible for providing documentation, data analysis and various reports on an as needed basis.
· Provide weekly and monthly project status reports to management.
· Effectively handle conflicting and/or changing priorities with minimal management involvement so inspection delays are avoided.
· Develop and implement Farm Team training program including a method to verify its effectiveness.
· Develop and implement cross-training program for the quality inspection team including a method to verify its effectiveness.
· Oversee source inspections per government/customer requirements.
· Assist with other duties as required or assigned.
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
· Associates degree in a technical field, BS preferred.
· ASQ Certified Quality Technician or Certified Quality Engineer.
· Minimum 7 years of experience in a Quality Department of a manufacturing firm - machining, injection molding and/or stamping preferred.
· Minimum 2 years of experience in a supervisory role.
· Minimum 3 years of experience performing surface plate layout inspections.
· Working knowledge of a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Zeiss preferred.
· Must have a complete understanding of ASME Y14.5 (Dimensioning and Tolerancing).
· Must currently hold or have the ability to obtain FAA Repairman certification.
· Must currently hold or have the ability to obtain DMIR (Designated Manufacturing Inspection Representative (DMIR).
· Must currently hold or have the ability to obtain specific customer quality and/or inspection designations such as DQR (Designated Quality Representative and DSI (Delegated Source Inspector.
· Competent in the use of common measurement devices such as micrometers, calipers, thread gages, drop indictors, etc.
· Working knowledge of AS9102 and PPAP requirements.
· Working knowledge of ISO 9001 and AS9100, ISO 14000 and SPC techniques.
· Working knowledge of various SPC techniques.
· Computer literate in all Microsoft office applications.
· Must have strong advanced math skills and be detail oriented.
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong oral and written communication skills; must have a pleasant and helpful telephone manner.
· Requires self-motivation and ability to complete projects with strict guidelines.
· Requires the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
· Requires the ability to differentiate between colors.
· Availability for nonstandard or extended work hours.
OTTO Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
OTTO Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters, agencies, or similar organizations; any submissions will not be honored.
To apply, please click on this link:
OTTO Engineering, Inc.
Why Work Here?OTTO is a manufacturer for demanding applications which are used across various industries; private and governmental. Some of our parts include switches in the medical and aviation industries. Our grips are used in helicopters and heavy machinery. Our communication devices include speaker microphones which are used by police officers and emergency personnel throughout the world. Our products are durable because people’s lives depend on our products working properly. OTTO prides itself on making durable quality products and providing excellence to its customers.
OTTO Engineering, Inc. offers a great work environment and exceptional benefits!