Die Designer - Carpentersville, IL
OTTO – designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
Our Die Designer will design and develop progressive tooling, fixtures and gages for manufacturing new and existing products. Develop tool assembly and component drawings. Work from engineering models, piece part drawings, or components and assemblies to design progressive dies, trim dies, fixtures and gages. Must have excellent time management skills to achieve quality designs in sometimes shortened lead times while still being able to support the tool room on current projects.
Specifically, the Die Designer will:
· Work directly with customer, design manager and tool room manager to establish design concept for progressive dies, compound dies, stage tooling, jigs and fixtures that meet or exceed the requirements.
· Prepare strip layouts, plan views, BOM’s, detail drawings, and other documents as required.
· Create wire EDM blocks, jigs, fixtures and other required components to assist tool room in increased productivity during the build and development of tooling.
· Order purchased components when required.
· Make engineering changes to existing designs.
· Work with tool room directly during the build and development of all tooling to ensure design and tool create a part the meets and exceeds customer standards.
· Report project status to management on a regular basis.
· Ability to work in a collaborative environment assisting other designers and tool room staff with projects to achieve the highest quality product in time sensitive situations.
· Assist with other related duties as required or assigned.
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
· 5+ years of experience as a full time tool designer.
· Tool Maker background preferred.
· Experience with Solid Modeling Complete Tool assemblies, Solidworks preferred.
· Experience with Quick press Solidworks Add-in Preferred.
To apply, please click (Crtl+Click) on this link:
OTTO Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
OTTO Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters, agencies, or similar organizations; any submissions will not be honored.
OTTO Engineering, Inc.
Why Work Here?OTTO is a manufacturer for demanding applications which are used across various industries; private and governmental. Some of our parts include switches in the medical and aviation industries. Our grips are used in helicopters and heavy machinery. Our communication devices include speaker microphones which are used by police officers and emergency personnel throughout the world. Our products are durable because people’s lives depend on our products working properly. OTTO prides itself on making durable quality products and providing excellence to its customers.
OTTO Engineering, Inc. offers a great work environment and exceptional benefits!