Account Specialist – Distribution – Carpentersville, IL
OTTO – designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
Our Account Specialist – Distribution is responsible for collaborating with domestic Distribution Account Managers to manage the daily activities that are needed to fulfill and deliver upon commitments to OTTO Authorized Distributors. The role is primarily focused on management of internal OTTO processes and procedures, but also requires frequent contact with procurement and product management professionals at the Distributors.
Specifically, the Account Specialist – Distribution will:
· Responsible for working cross-functionally with Distribution Account Management, Engineering, Sourcing, Manufacturing, and Quality to deliver on commitments to OTTO Authorized Distributors and to meet, or exceed, their expectations
· Collaborates with the Distribution Account Managers regarding account strategy, key objectives, and communications to and from customers
· Assists with entering Engineering Work Orders for new projects and facilitates status review meetings
· Listens to customer needs and requirements, prepares quotations, and works with internal OTTO resources to determine pricing and delivery schedules
· Must develop and maintain strong relationships with procurement and product management professionals at assigned customers
· Develops understanding of assigned customers, including organization structure, key influencers and decision-makers, and issues affecting their business
· Processes customer orders using internal OTTO systems
· Must be capable of working in a team to analyze and solve problems to meet the needs of customers and OTTO. This would also include expediting orders and resolution of product quality issues
· Where Applicable - Coordinate actives among customer service group of individuals assigned to support assigned Distribution accounts
· Manage and maintain point of sale commissions
· Support sales objectives and financial targets for assigned accounts
· Updating and maintaining customer and product-related records within business systems
· Must stay current regarding external industry trends that affect OTTO and its customers
· Must be able to travel to customers and trade shows periodically
· Assist with other related duties as required or assigned
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
· Minimum of 3 years sales support or customer service experience
· Associate’s degree strongly preferred
· Requires excellent project management skills and strong attention to detail
· Requires strong technical aptitude to collaborate with engineers and customers
· Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with customers and internal OTTO team members at all levels of management
· Must be able to manage multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment
· Strong oral and written communications skills
· Positive and helpful attitude
To apply, please click (Crtl+Click) on this link:
OTTO Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
OTTO Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters, agencies, or similar organizations; any submissions will not be honored.
OTTO Engineering, Inc.
Why Work Here?OTTO is a manufacturer for demanding applications which are used across various industries; private and governmental. Some of our parts include switches in the medical and aviation industries. Our grips are used in helicopters and heavy machinery. Our communication devices include speaker microphones which are used by police officers and emergency personnel throughout the world. Our products are durable because people’s lives depend on our products working properly. OTTO prides itself on making durable quality products and providing excellence to its customers.
OTTO Engineering, Inc. offers a great work environment and exceptional benefits!