Earn up to $45 an Hour ! Busy Restaurants located inside Newark Liberty International Airport.
As an OTG Server, you will play a critical role for a company transforming the airport experience. At OTG, we view travel as a lifestyle, and our mission is to treat the airport itself as a destination. By combining great food, world-class beverage programs, cutting edge design and state-of-the-art technology, OTG is delivering a traveler’s oasis, a place within the airport where the pressures of the day soon recede.
As a server for OTG, you will be our front line, the point of contact between our guests and the full OTG experience. Here’s your opportunity to learn our best in class hospitality skills in a dynamic environment, while earning a great income, build a career in a vibrant team-orientated environment, while meeting people on- the-go from all points on the globe.
As an OTG Server must possess strong interpersonal skills, coupled with a sunny disposition and a positive outlook. Adhering to the OTG Core Steps of Service is an absolute must, while working in restaurants assigned by our management team.
Responsibilities of the Server:
- Greeting guests quickly and pleasantly
- Delivering beverages and menus promptly
- Communicating all daily food and drink specials
- Demonstrating knowledge of menus and wine and beer selections
- Assisting guests in entering all orders into the ipad/computer system
- Offering up-selling opportunities to guests
- Preparing hot and cold drinks and mixed non-alcoholic drinks
- Demonstrating appropriate wine service techniques
- Assisting other servers as needed
- Sweeping and mopping premises as required
- Clearing tables
- Keeping a spotless working environment
- Participating in daily side-work tasks
- Offering information, recommendations, OTG history, core tenants, etc.
Must have at least 6 months experience in a fine dining establishment.
Servers must be at least 18 years of age, fully conversant in English, and able to lift 35 lbs in weight. The position requires you to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, holidays, and weather conditions, so flexibility is a must. You will also be expected to complete required restaurant training and maintain thorough knowledge of your assigned restaurant food and beverage menus. Throw in that positive attitude and an ability to think on your feet and rest assured, you are an applicant OTG is keen to meet!