900 N. Portland Ave
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73107
Hiring Supervisor and Contact Info:Tom Hickey
(Contingent upon available funding):
19.08 - 19.08, Hourly
varies: occasionally includes some evenings and weekends.
- Will perform the following skilledlevel duties:
- Manage ITinfrastructure projects and deliverables
- Enterprise-class hardwareand software installation to support infrastructure, database, and businessapplications
- Performs system backupand restores
- Helps with usertechnical support and training
- Documentationand diagrams
- Serves as 4th level support for other technical staff
- Preparinglabs each semester with hardware and software
- Infrastructuresupport and incident resolution
- Monitoringand service level reporting
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides technical support forthe campus Local Area, Wireless and Wide Area Network
- Performs backup and restoration of databases
- Installs,maintains, and monitors enterprise-class network components, desktop hardwareand software to include: switches, routers, bridges, servers, networkedstorage, cables and interface cards
Cat6 wiring, installation and management
- Adds, deletes, and maintainsuser ids, user passwords, user and file attributes and overall security
- Maintains active directory andgroup policy
- Manages computer labs includingsoftware and hardware maintenance
- Provides user hardware andsoftware training
- Analyzes need for automation ofrepetitive tasks
- Coordinates with outsideentities to resolve complex problems
- Stays informed of emergingtechnologies that could benefit the University
- Attends training andprofessional development as required.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings; serves on teams and committees as assigned.
- Complies with all State and University policies.
- Completes all mandatory training plus two professional development per year.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Resume and cover letter are required for full consideration.Official transcripts will be required upon hire.2 fulltime positions available
Education & Experience
Associate's Degree in technology related discipline, or equivalent work experience, or certification(s) from software/hardware manufacturers
Must have 3 - 4 years experience in the following areas:
Installation and maintenance of complex infrastructure software and hardware
Providing user support for office automation applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases, electronic mail, web browsers and other productivity software
Collaborating with other IS personnel to resolve system and network issues.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must have skills in these areas:
Accountability of equipment/inventory
Communicating, cooperating and resolving infrastructure, database, and application issues with other IS personnel
Provide status reports of problems/projects as appropriate
Ability to communicate diplomatically, clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing to exchange information, give/receive instructions and respond to inquiries appropriately.
- Ability to manage multiple prioritiesimposed by frequent deadlines, peak workloads, and public/student contact.
- Ability to work independently and alsocollaborate within a team environment while effectively managing multiplepriorities and deadlines
- Passion for assistingcustomers and representing the OSU brand with positivity and professionalism
- Evidences a history of demonstrating ethicaland professional behavior
Certifications from software or hardware manufacturers currently used by OSU-OKC preferred.
Experience with the following technologies:
Windows server including DNS, account, security and group policy administration.
Microsoft SQL Server
Automated PC and/or application deployment and management utilizing SCCM, Group Policy Objects, and MSI packaging software
Active Directory management
iSCSI network storage
Cisco networking and telephony
Work is normally performed in a typical interior office work environment. Most work done during the day but must be flexible and able to work nights and weekends when needed.
- Requires lifting up to 50 lbs., proper handling of computer and network components. (If an object weighs more than 45 pounds, OSU-Oklahoma City requires this to be a two-person lift.)
- Requires climbing ladders and working in various networking areas, including tight spaces that may be dusty with variable hot or cold temperatures
- Requires proper handling of computer and network components, use of both hands in repetitive actions with dexterity
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
OklahomaState University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations,OSU conducts pre-employment background checks onfinal candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.