Adjunct - Health Care Management
Health Sciences Div
Health Sciences Div
900N. Portland Ave.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73107
Hiring Supervisor and Contact Info:
(Contingent upon available funding):
650.00 - 650.00, Hourly
Monday- Friday- occasionally includes some evening and weekends
To develop in each student the skills of critical thinking and to help students learn the subject matter presented to them in order for that student to become a positive member of the community.
Essential Job Functions:
Collaborate with Lead Instructor on course objectives and course content.
Presents information in a clear and concise format using a variety of instructional techniques.
Develop, evaluate, and maintain relevant course content.
Maintain Program related student records.
Utilize current online learning management system
Posts contact information and method for student contact as a basis for online office hours.
Support and maintain a collegial relationship with other faculty members and students that is conducive to learning.
Support the philosophy and policies of OSU-OKC.
Assess student learning and maintain gradebook for course
Collaborates with Department Head on departmental strategic planning
Remain available for campus and departmental meetings at the discretion of the department head, or division head.
Participate in faculty development through format course work, seminars, workshops, professional organizations and/or professional library material.
Provide healthcare administration department with support in preparing assessment reports, accreditation functions, and other reporting duties as assigned.
Support online learner activities under the direction of the team leader.
Completes all mandatory training and participated in a minimum of two professional development each year.
Performs other duties assigned by the Department Head.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the
Special Instructions to Applicants
Resume and cover letter are required for full consideration.Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of a bachelors degree in healthcare administration, management or closely related field.
- Possess computer literacy according to university policy.
- Ability to actively participate in online learning forum as the work environment.
Minimum of two years full-time equivalent in administration or closely related field in a healthcare setting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to handle multiple task and prioritize effectively
- High degree of integrity; ability to work in a sensitive, highly confidential and professional environment
- Must be adaptable to performing under moderate levels of stress, imposed by frequent deadlines, peak workloads and public/student contact.
- Ability to communicate diplomatically, clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing to exchange information, give/receive instructions and respond to inquiries appropriately.
- Strong interpersonal skills and sensitivity to a multicultural environment in an effort to work and communicate effectively with all students, faculty, staff and community partners.
- Demonstrated knowledge of office technologies including but not limited to: office computers, fax machines, scanners, internet, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook) and online learning management system.
- Accurate typing/data entry skills and demonstrated ability to work with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and also collaborate within a team environment.
- Exhibit problem solving skills beyond a set of instructions and adapt to changes when necessary.
- Ability to make appropriate recommendations based on logical and justifiable reasoning.
- Ability to use analytical and critical thinking skills to interpret written policies and procedures.
- Passion for assisting customers and representing the OSU brand with positivity and professionalism
- Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior
- Masters degree preferred.
- AAPC certified instructor.
- Experience in healthcare billing, coding, human resources, or health information management
- Experience with a Learning Management System
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends in an often times busy and noisy environment.
- Teaching may be on-line and or in classroom.
- Work will be performed in an office and classroom environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone and via email.
- Duties require extended periods of sitting, standing, talking, listening and computer usage
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations
OklahomaState University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations,OSU conducts pre-employment background checks onfinal candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.