OSHEAN’s Technical Staff works on member initiatives in concert with building and maintaining the OSHEAN infrastructure in support of existing services. The OSHEAN Network includes a fiber optic backbone with a full suite of IP services including Internet access, firewall, security, content filtering, DNS, and Cloud based Services. The Support Engineer will work with the technical staff on implementation and support of current network services.
- Assist with the handling of inbound trouble ticket requests escalated from the Network Operations Center (NOC).
- Interact with customers and vendors in a professional manner as needed to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve networking issues.
- Perform intermediate level configuration of enterprise routing and switching platforms.
- Troubleshoot existing network environments with focus on the Network and Data Link layers of the OSI model.
- Visit OSHEAN facilities and customer sites to perform onsite installation, troubleshooting and/or configuration of network devices.
- Display a positive work ethic and the desire to work as a team to develop and deliver the best engineering practices in the industry.
- Working knowledge of networking technologies including TCP/IP, Switches, Routers,
- Firewalls and other internetworking technologies
- Experience with Internet Networking Protocols and Services
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Technical understanding of networking concepts (ie: routing, switching) and ancillary services (DNS, DHCP)
- Comfort with client level interactions for meetings, presentations and training
- Qualified candidates should possess a CCNA, Network+, and/or other industry recognized certification as well as 1-3 years of field experience with IP LAN/WAN networking.
OSHEAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer