Reporting to the Regional Director/Manager of Care Management, is responsible for identifying, assessing, planning, coordinating, implementing, monitoring and evaluating options and services across the continuum of care for individuals in assigned case load. Health care services are coordinated on behalf of the patient to promote the delivery of care at the appropriate level of care which will optimize clinical outcomes and satisfaction with services. The case manager assures the designation of primary responsibility among team members to each aspect of the plan, avoiding duplication and fragmentation. The case manager assesses and intervenes to address the complex medical and clinical needs associated with illness, injury or chronic illness/ disease. The case manager coordinates the health care team to facilitate and expedite the best outcomes for the patient and physician caring for that patient. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide services to the assigned patient population. The case manager works with patient and treatment team to help establish goals and realize optimal outcomes as determined by current individualized care plans. Works with the Care Management Division leadership team to ensure alignment with the strategic goals and visions.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree required.
- Registered Nurse with an Associate’s degree will be required to complete a BSN within 5 years of hire date with completion of such requirements no later than 2020.
- Three to five years of experience caring for patients with progressively increasing responsibility. Chronic, complex illnesses adult and/or pediatric care management experience preferred. Broad knowledge of chronic illness and medical and community resources required. Positive, empathetic approach and ability to communicate effectively to patients/ families with a variety of health issues, age groups and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Flexible work schedule – weekend/holiday/on call rotation.
- Requires the ability to successfully use independent judgment and make decisions and requires little supervision
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, age physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
Experience the OSF culture and community by clicking here.