Hours per week: 32-40
Status (Benefits): Full-Time
Work Schedule: 230p-11p 4 Days 1 Week / 5 Days 2 Week; Alternating Weekends and Holidays
Location: 530 NE Glen Oak Ave, Peoria, IL, United States
The Respiratory Therapist administers medical gases, medications, airway clearance, mechanical ventilation, other respiratory modalities, monitor levels of supplies and equipment for department and patient care areas. Applies theoretical knowledge to care of pediatric, adolescent, and adult patients and other members of the healthcare team by demonstrating competence in respiratory skills, problem solving and critical thinking that is appropriate to the ages of the patients served.
- Successful completion of respiratory therapy program from an accredited school.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist by the National Board of Respiratory Care.
- Must have a current Respiratory Care Practitioner license in the State of Illinois and current National Board of Respiratory Care credentials if credentialed after July 1, 2002.
- A graduate therapist must successfully pass both the NBRC TMC and CSE exams.
- Application must be made for the Illinois Respiratory Care Practitioner license before orientation to the department can begin.
- Must have basic electronic medical record documentation skills
- Must have current American Heart BLS card.
- All intubaters must complete intubation orientation and maintain a current ACLS card.
Req #: OSF008676