Seeking an Accounting Clerk for our office in Fontana, CA
40 Hours weekly with possible OT if needed
Schedule is Monday- Friday
Hours may vary but must be available from 8am- 6pm
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keys data and prepares batches for processing which involves sorting, alphabetizing, and running tapes to verify hash counts and totals.
- Prepares purchasing, travel, personnel, or related documents.
- Reconciles various expenditure reports to source documents; distributes and files financial documents and reports.
- Answers telephones, opens and logs mail, meets and greets visitors, and assists in other clerical functions; may arrange travel and meetings and coordinate office security and key control.
- Sorts documents; codes, logs, reviews for accuracy; matches supporting invoices to procurement documents; and verifies invoices for payment.
- Prepares routine entries and posts financial transactions; reconciles entries and internal ledgers to financial reporting system reports.
- Researches processing problems, contacts departments and vendors to resolve problems and expedite payment, and responds to inquiries by telephone or in writing; refers complex problems for solution.
- Handles cash and cash related transactions, issues receipts, records and types money lists, and balances cash fund; enters cash transactions in ledgers and reconciles cash reports; prepares bank deposits.
- Assists in preparation of financial statements such as billings, budgets, and cost reports.
- Assists in ordering, care, maintenance, and utilization of department equipment, supplies, and inventories.
- Distributes, reviews, calculates, and processes payroll time sheets and employment documents; verifies account numbers; maintains sick and annual leave and other payroll records.
- May lead, guide, and train staff/student employees, interns, and/or volunteers performing related work; may participate in the recruitment of volunteers, as appropriate to the area of operation.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to perform simple accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of cash management principles and/or procedures.
- Basic data entry and/or word processing skills.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Knowledge of payroll policies and procedures.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Knowledge of university accounting procedures involving procurement, travel, and/or employment.
- Ability to read, sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Account balancing skills.
- Ability to use an automated accounting system.
- Ability to prepare financial reports.
- Knowledge of university invoicing procedures.
- Knowledge of accounts payable procedures and practices.
Why Work Here?
Amazing team who really cares about YOUR success!