Junior Technical Consultant
ORTEC INTERNATIONAL USA INC Atlanta, GA
- Posted: over a month ago
As a Junior Technical SAP/ABAP Consultant you will be working closely with and our Atlanta, GA based SAP team and, once ready, our customers.
Your main task will be implementing our SAP embedded solutions at our customers. Apart from software development, your activities will also include unit-testing, peer-to-peer testing and debugging. As you progress, you will have more exposure to our customers’ business processes, including direct contact with project counterparts. Additional activities such as code review writing functional and technical specifications and providing solution design inputs will also become part of your role.
Business travel is not common for a junior technical consultant, but as you progress and take on more responsibility, travel will be part of your job. (senior technical consultants travel once a month on average).
WHO YOU ARE
ORTEC employees have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and a strong drive to identify and solve complex problems. The atmosphere is open and informal driven to promote collaboration throughout the organizational structure. This provides significant ownership and responsibility.
- College degree in the field of computer science, computer engineering or other with programing focus
- Extensive past course work in programming
- Practical programing experience, ideally related to Logistics/Warehousing/Supply Chain, in at least one object-oriented language (e.g. Python, Java, Dephi, R, C#, NET or ABAP) either in college via business cases or an internship at company which required programing responsibilities.
- Ability to write a query in SQL or other programing language
- Interest in learning the ABAP language and contributing to a team focused toward growth. Previous SAP ABAP experiences would help but is not required.
- 1-2 Years working experience with programing solutions/applications, ideally in Logistics/Warehousing/Supply Chain, would help but is not required.
- Strong communication skills
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Collaborative working style
- Analytical mindset
- Able to work under pressure of deadlines and within project budgets
- Willingness to learn and contribute immediately
- High quality of work
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The office has an open concept.
ORTEC is the world’s largest supplier of optimization software, advanced analytics, and consulting services. For nearly 40 years, we have helped more than 1,200 leading companies optimize supply chains through fleet routing and dispatch, vehicle and pallet loading, workforce scheduling, delivery forecasting, and network planning. We make our customer’s businesses more efficient, more predictable, and more effective by turning complex challenges into easy-to-use solutions.
ORTEC was named a Top Workplace in 2020 and 2021 by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution in Atlanta and one of the Best and Brightest Company to Work for in the Texas area. This honor was achieved because we support our employees in finding their strengths, and at the end of the day, we believe that our success is driven by you.
OUR TEAM & CULTURE
ORTEC has roughly 1,000 employees and offices in 13 countries around the globe. Our main office in North America is headquartered in Atlanta, with a second office in Houston and potentially other locations expected to open in the near future. From the US we support Fortune 100 companies throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico. We also work with our international customers by regularly supporting our European offices.
Our employees are recognized as the driving force behind our success. They usually have a master’s or bachelor’s degree, a strongly developed talent for analytical thinking, and a drive to identify and solve complex problems. The company atmosphere is open and informal, driven to promote collaboration, and provide significant ownership and responsibility throughout your career.
We offer a pleasant and challenging work environment where employees are encouraged to drive their personal development. We believe it is important our employees get the opportunity to bring out the best in themselves while maintaining a good work-life balance. Our growth can only be achieved through happy employees.
As an ORTEC employee, you can make a difference. You get a chance to optimize the business processes of our customers, some of which are the largest companies in the world. You will work in an international environment with inspiring, smart, and enthusiastic colleagues. There are ample opportunities for personal development and to grow in a direction that fits your ambitions.
WHAT TO EXPECT
ORTEC will help you thrive in your field of expertise. We offer development programs and flexibility in projects to tailor to your individual needs and function requirements. We provide challenging, practical hands-on experience. Our company operates on a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative, and positive. We employ over 1,000 people in the Netherlands (HQ), Belgium, Germany, France, the U.K., Romania, Italy, the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Poland, Denmark, and Singapore.
Visit our website ortec.com to learn more about our solutions and clients’ experiences.Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, friendly people and inspiring work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other benefit plans
- 401(k) match
- 17 days Paid Time Off, 10 days of sick leave plus every month half day off on Friday
- Flexible work schedule
- Teambuilding events
- Volunteering Events
- Regular social events such as office lunches every month(before pandemic-now it is mostly virtual)
- Free onsite fitness center
- Free healthy snacks and beverages at the office
- Due to pandemic, our current policy allows employees to work from home if preferred
We offer a tailor-made growth path for the right candidates. Your development will be monitored and reviewed multiple times a year, so you can grow into a position that matches your ambition. Due to our current growth potential and impressive track record, there are many opportunities available.
ORTEC International USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
*H-1B sponsorship is not available for this position.
Visit our website ortec.com to learn more about our solutions and clients’ experiences.
Will YOU join our team?
ORTEC INTERNATIONAL USA INC
TechnologyView all jobs at ORTEC INTERNATIONAL USA INC