Operational Test Engineer
ORSA Technologies is seeking experienced Operational Test Engineer (OTE)
- Plans and administers performance tests on aeronautical equipment, controls, systems, and other products and systems.
- Designs and directs engineering and technical personnel in testing and test-control apparatus and equipment.
- Coordinates and directs engineering activities concerned with the development, procurement installation, and calibration of instruments, equipment, and control devices required to test, telemeter, record, and reduce test data.
- Determines conditions under which tests are to be conducted and sequences and phases of test operations. Directs and exercises control over operational, functional, and performance phases of tests.
- Confers with scientific, engineering, and technical personnel to resolve testing problems, such as product or systems malfunctions, incomplete test data, and data interpretations considering such factors as conditions under which the test was conducted and instrumentation, procedures, and phase of test used to obtain and record data.
- Analyzes and interprets test data and prepares technical reports for use by engineering and management personnel.
- Test planning function involves determining measurement and flight condition requirements to safely provide evaluation, qualification, and certification data. These details are written into published test plans.
- Test conduct involves briefing flight and ground crews and real-time telemetry monitoring of critical parameters. Large volumes of gathered flight data are processed, analyzed, and reported. These results are written into published test reports.
- This position also involves significant teamwork and coordination with flight test co-workers in various disciplines (pilots, mechanics, inspectors, instrumentation, and data technicians), qualification or certification authority representatives, and subject matter expert design engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in aerospace or mechanical engineering from an accredited college.
- Four years of Operational Test (OT) Experience
- Clearance Level: Secret
Key skills and knowledge required are:
- analytical thinking and problem-solving
- communication-written and oral
- general aviation knowledge
- technical writing
- computer skills: Matlab/Simulink, Microsoft Office applications
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must currently have or be capable of completing an NCIC criminal background check to access military installations.
- Must have a valid photo ID (driver's license + social security card or birth certificate OR US passport).
- Must have a valid driver's license/vehicle insurance to drive on base.
- Travel required up to two weeks per year.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and written.
- Ability to multi-task and employ problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take the initiative in problem-solving and achieve organizational goals with minimal oversight.
- Must be able to write clear and concise test reports.
- Aircraft maintenance or pilot experience is a plus.
- Flight testing experience
- Modeling and Simulation tools such as SimuLink, COMSOLVE
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance. Must be a US Citizen for consideration.
ORSA Technologies LLC is an 8(a) Certified, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona with satellite offices in Sierra Vista AZ. Our team is comprised of a diversified workforce who provide customers with increased value.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
ORSA Technologies LLCYuma, AZ
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.