543 W. Michigan Avenue, Kalamazoo, MI 49007
Family-owned and operated for 100 years, HAYES JEEP is seeking to hire a Jeep/Chrysler Certified Service Technician to join our busy team. We enjoy an excellent reputation and seek the right person who takes pride in delivering excellence and wants to grow. Orrin B. Hayes, Inc. values our employees and invests in their success! Apply now for immediate consideration.
What's in it for you!
- SIGN-ON BONUS based on experience!
- Competitive wages
- Paid training
- Well-equipped shop with updated technology and equipment
- Continued education through manufacturer paid for by employer
- ASE and state inspection certification reimbursement and all training expenses paid by us to further your career
- Medical, dental and vision plans offered
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Growth opportunities
- Discounts on products and services
- Professional work environment
- Being part of a team in a family-owned and operated business that delivers excellence and enjoys the reputation that goes along with that!
The right candidate will have:
- Strong automotive background
- ASE certifications
- Strong work ethic, customer service and teamwork skills
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check
- Must have valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship and be a current resident
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Perform work specified on the repair order with efficiency and a high rate of accuracy and in accordance with dealership procedures
- Test-drive vehicles and test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment
- Accurately diagnose, maintain, and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air conditioning, etc.
- Communicate directly with the Service Advisor or Dispatcher/Manager so that customers can be informed if any additional service is needed.
- Provide an estimate of time needed for additional repairs
- Execute repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications
- Document repairs in accordance with state, manufacturer, and dealership guidelines
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.