Machine operator trainee
ORRCO Greensburg, PA
- Expired: July 22, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities You Will Learn
- Operate CNC lathes, screw machines and specialized production machinery
- Read and interpret engineering prints
- Use standard shop measuring equipment
- Recording information/data on route sheet & inspection sheets
- Select proper tooling
- Position tools in holders
- Entering off sets in machine controls
- Load machines properly
- Responsible to monitor the production run including performing in-process inspections by using standard measuring equipment such as calipers, micrometers, pin gages, comparators, various other measuring equipment and recording data.
- Follow route sheets and handle parts from one machine operation to the next machine operation including finishing parts as deburring, tumbling, preparing and packaging product for sub-contracting operations.
- All other duties as assigned
- Mechanical aptitude
- Manufacturing environment.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to learn to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Machine Operator Skills and Qualifications to be successful:
- Problem-solving skills,
- Decision making ability,
- Organizational skills,
- Procedural mindset,
- Ability to prioritize,
- Attention to detail,
- Able to perform math,
- Talent for recognizing the opportunities for process improvement.
- Able to work in a fast pace environment.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management.
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 45 pounds.
- Must be able to work shifts.
Years Experience: Less than 1 year
ManufacturingView all jobs at ORRCO