Who is Orion Network Solutions, Inc (https://www.orionnetworksolutions.com/)?
Orion Network Solutions (ONS) is a full service IT partner specializing in network administration, IT systems design, web development and developing custom software solutions for federal clients. Founded in 1998 and located in Hayden,ID, we know what it takes to design, build and support high availability system and software. For the last twenty years, Orion has been building and maintaining software for the National Weather Service which include geospatially driven websites, backend applications capable of processing near real-time hydrologic data and creating solutions to aid emergency management and the general public in critical decision making. Orion has set itself apart within the industry by being doers, innovators and taking proactive approaches on behalf of our clients all while maintaining clear, concise and open communication which is reflected in our motto: Vision, Creation, Integration. We are a dedicated, resourceful and honest company that provide unparalleled results.
ONS is looking for a creative, talented and enthusiastic Web Designer/Developer to join our team!
ONS is looking for a talented creative thinker that possesses the ability to design and create stunning web displays for scientific data impacting millions of people. This person must be able to research and solve problems independently, advise and implement solutions and support all aspects of the web frontend including design, coding and training. Strong personal leadership and communication skills are essential as this position will be interfacing directly with the programming team and clients to provide direction on the look, feel and overall design of high traffic websites.
- Plan, design, develop, test, edit, maintain, document and support high traffic (> 5m pageviews/month) websites.
- Propose innovative ideas to display scientific and hydrologic data while conveying meaning to both the scientific community and the general public.
- Interface with federal customers/contacts to define work needs, develop work requirements and accomplish customer goals.
- Provide design and layout guidance to both customers and developers regarding common UI design standards, methodologies, and best practices.
- Collaborate with programming team to design and develop UI frontend testing using Nightwatch, Kantu and/or Selenium to support continuous integration development.
- Research and troubleshoot issues; provide timely and open communication with customers.
- Occasional on-call support if "urgent" issues arise during nonstandard work-day hours.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in computer science or related field
- 2+ years designing and supporting responsive web displays in a professional environment
Technical Skill Requirements:
- Twig Template engine (used with Symfony framework)
- Nightwatch, Kantu and/or Selenium
- Candidate must be local to Spokane, WA, Hayden, ID or surrounding area.
- This is a work at home position and requires collaborating with a team spread across multiple states.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must be eligible for a federal security clearance (company-sponsored).
Personality and willingness to learn are much more important than meeting every skill qualification. Enthusiasm, an excellent attitude, and the ability to work well as a team is a must. Full-Time position. PTO benefits. Competitive pay (DOE). Fully remote work.
Orion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Orion is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Orion are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Orion will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Orion encourages applicants of all ages.