Behavioral Health Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Behavioral Health Technician
Lawrenceville, NJ, US
We Level Up is a network of Mental Health, Drug and Alcohol Addiction Treatment Centers that provide caring treatment to those who are prepared to begin their recovery journey. Our commitment is unmatched and proven by offering a diverse set of clinical therapies, combined with a professional, caring staff with diverse treatment options.
We use a whole-patient approach built on a foundation of integrity, transparency, and compassion. Our goals extend far beyond sobriety alone; every therapeutic intervention we deliver empowers our clients with a sense of purpose and joy in recovery. We operate four residential inpatient treatment centers in Florida.
Come join us on this journey! We are looking to grow our teams with talented, caring, and passionate people who share our energy and enthusiasm for recovery treatment.
The Behavioral Health Technician is responsible for the day-to-day and immediate supervision of all patients under our care. This includes routine supervision, completing intake and discharge processing, monitoring whereabouts, guiding patients to groups and activities, monitoring for appropriate behavior, transporting to appointments, and other duties as required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience working as a behavioral health technician in a substance abuse center, psychiatric facility, or other health care related and/or recovery setting.
- General knowledge of Excel, WORD, and Power Point, KIPU, Email, Tablet, and general desktop applications.
- Adults 18 years or above.
- Valid driver’s license.
- CNA certification is a plus.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent preferred, some college work ideal.
- Constant and ongoing monitoring of all client’s whereabouts.
- Communicate and enforce facility program rules.
Observes and reports client’s behaviors to supervisor and/or clinical team in a timely manner.
Completes Intake procedures in KIPU according to policy and procedure.
Completes Discharge procedures in KIPU according to policy and procedure.
Completes patient belonging searches according to protocol. Logs in all valuables. Removes unauthorized items from day-to-day access.
Prepares patient belongings for transfer or discharge. Responsible for confiscating prohibited items before entering the Community.
Logs all financial and personal items into KIPU system.
De-escalates clients as needed.
Maintain communication with all Medical, Clinical, and Operations departments.
Redirect inappropriate and/or unacceptable behavior.
Monitors BHT and office supplies, assists operations manager in ordering/stocking/ putting away inventory.
Ensure support of all scheduled client activities.
Responsible for checking in KIPU for any OPEN intake forms.
Conduct point of care drug testing according to CLIA guidelines for waved testing and facility protocols.
Records and maintains documentation of all one on one services.
Assist clinical team with Against Medical Advice (AMA) blocking.
Assist medical with getting patients for medication pass, doctors’ appointments, and assessments.
Maintain communication with manager for upcoming discharges and/or intakes.
Assist in weekly store runs for clients as needed.
Conducts patient room searches as directed by supervisor and/or clinical team.
Responsible for moving clients to new rooms and assist housekeeping in flipping beds.
Maintaining communication with housekeeping to ensure discharged patient rooms are prepped, cleaned and disinfected.
Responsible for monitoring supply of forms and other disposable materials. Reorders as needed.
All other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
- 12 hour shift.
- Weekend and overnight shifts.
Benefits We Offer:
- Healthcare Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, and Employee paid expanded life Insurance
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- 96 hours of Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 6 Paid holidays (New Years, Memorial Day, Labor Day, 4th of July, Thanksgivings, Christmas)
- One free meal per shift
- Access to Free CEU’s for professionals and licensed individuals
- CPR training and free training platform available
- Personal, Professional, and Leadership development trainings
- Safety and prevention programs
- Discounted Tri-Rail tickets
- EAP Services (Employee Assistance Program)
To send your resume or for additional information about the position, hiring process, and other inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.
Get fresh Behavioral Health Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.