SR. WINDOWS SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
REDWOOD CITY, CA
OPTION 1 STAFFING is currently recruiting for a Sr. Windows Systems Administrator to join a top employer in the area! This is a direct hire position with great salary, benefits and team.
• Leads the design, configuration, deployment, and maintenance of Windows/Active Directory (i.e. 2008, 2012, 2016) with environment specific hypervisors
• Provides expertise in designing and architecting domain consolidation projects.
• Designs and architects a global Active Directory Infrastructure, including, design and implementation of Group Policies, DNS and domain consolidation.
• Plans and executes Active Directory Domain level upgrades Support integration and authentication projects for 3rd party vendor solutions, SSO, and cloud hosting.
• Participates in business case development, project sizing, design and implementation.
• Develops and implements project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans
• Owns and leads discussions in business and technical information technology solution implementations, upgrades, and enhancements. Recommends solutions as appropriate.
• Performs gap analysis to determine where current infrastructure does not meet client/organizational needs and propose appropriate improvements.
• Researches best practices and brings forward new and innovative solutions. Provides thought-leadership in establishing, driving, and directing a robust and innovative strategy aligned with the company's business and productivity goals.
• Investigate and resolve complex technical issues, escalating when appropriate to manager. Recognizes patterns in reported incidents, diagnoses underlying root causes and devises timely and effective resolutions as necessary.
• Be able to resolve Sev1 and Sev2 calls as required.
• Serves as an expert resource to the team educating and leading the team in learning new technologies via mentoring.
• Works with stakeholders and other technical teams to collect business and technical requirements and design / deliver enterprise level solutions.
• Creates and updates technical documentation of operating procedures as needed. Maintains standards for installation of infrastructure software / hardware installations.
• Manages Active Directory domain controllers and creates and modifies Active Directory, GPOs and Local Group Policy.
• Manage Microsoft cloud infrastructure and applications, such as Azure infrastructure, O365 (Teams, Onedrive, Intune, Conditional Assess, etc).
• Performs all duties of windows systems administrator including all On-prem and Cloud infrastructure and applications.
• Work with end users to resolve on-going issues.
• Create detail documentations.
You must have Azure / O365
MDM (Mobile Device Management) with 3-5 years’ experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field or equivalent education and experience.
- Eight (8) years of directly related work experience in managing Windows AD environment, Exchange Hybrid Environment, and Microsoft Cloud environment.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Azure infrastructure and O365 ecosystem.
- Intune: Certificate or training and experience using Intune. Must understand how to configure Intune along with conditional access.
- Preferred knowledgeable and experience with Teams, Intune, and conditional access.
- (MCSA) Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate - Windows Server Certification is required.
- (MCSA: Windows Server 2012 -OR- MCSA: Windows Server 2016) is required.
- Microsoft 365 Fundamentals (Exam MS-900) is required.
- Managing Microsoft Teams (Exam MS-700), Microsoft 365 Mobility and Security (Exam MS-101) is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge in system security standards, benchmarks and security bulletins
- Knowledge of Windows fundamentals and concepts advanced scripting with the PowerShell/other tools
- Knowledge of System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012 - 1602 experience - Build, Deployment, Patching, Asset management experience, Configuration and management
- Knowledge of Azure, Office 365, Intune, Teams, and cloud technologies. Design, build and deployment with cloud tools is preferred
- Knowledge in general IT and Data Center infrastructure.
- Knowledge in basic TCP/IP, DNS, AD/LDAP and working knowledge of technologies such as NTP, TCP/IP, FCIP, iSCSI, SAN, NAS
- Working knowledge of server hardware from major vendor like HPE Rack/Blade servers
- Knowledge of network and server security
- Ability to develop business cases for new technology solutions.
- Ability to lead and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage projects.
- Ability to plan strategically both long-term and short-term.
- Ability to work effectively with and manage vendors.
For immediate consideration, please apply!
★★★★★ a week ago
Option 1 Staffing is an incredible company that centralizes their staffing approach to each specific candidate and works with them directly to find them a job most suitable for them. The employees are awesome and make you feel absolutely comfortable with their genuine personalities establishing a friend-like relationship of trust between the employee and client. They helped find me a fabulous job that is definitely my style in every way. They get to know you and in doing so they match the correct position with the right kind of person. THANK YOU!!! I am so happy with your work and where I am working today!
Best of Staffing Award Winner
Check out our jobs @ www.option1staffing.com
OPTION 1 STAFFING SERVICES, INC. AN AWARD WINNING AGENCY
Why Work Here?Founded by industry professionals, Option 1 Staffing is an Award Winning Staffing Agency located in the San Francisco Bay Area. With a reputation as one of the most trusted Staffing Agencies in the Bay Area, Option 1 delivers coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service. The company is characterized by clients for the integrity of its work and the quality of its candidates, and among job seekers for its personalized approach to placement. Since 1991 Option 1 Staffing serves Bay Area employers in need of Temporary/Contract to Hire, Direct Hire employees; in the areas of Administrative, Technical, Accounting and Finance, and Healthcare; to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors. Best of Staffing Award Winner Check out our jobs @ www.option1staffing.com
Join An Awesome IT Team!