Sr. Instructional Designer
Palo Alto, CA
1 Year Contract Could Go Permanent
AWESOME GROUP TO WORK WITH!!
Option 1 Staffing is an award winning, local recognized leader in staffing and recruiting, specializing in placing the highest caliber of Administrative, Accounting, IT, Finance and Non Clinical Healthcare professionals in contract and direct-hire opportunities. We work with top and emerging companies in the Technology and Healthcare industry.
Option 1 Technical is currently recruiting for a Sr. Instructional Designer who will report to the virtual training manager, this position develops, maintains and improves computer-based training content to run on our client's HealthStream learning management system (LMS).
Provides web based training consultation and designs/creates computer-based learning modules. Conducts needs assessments, analyzes current training materials and identifies learning objectives and recommend appropriate method of delivery. Collaborates with subject matter experts on the pedagogical design of curriculum content by identifying existing content and developing a strategy to convert it into an e-learning environment. Investigates innovative ideas to create digital learning and just-in-time learning
- Administers and maintains our client's HealthStream learning management system (LMS) database and Virtual University hosted on SharePoint.
- Experience working with ADDIE
- Possesses expert-level skills in PowerPoint, Captivate/Camtasia, Articulate Storyline, or extensible rapid content development platforms (such as User Productivity Tookit, etc.).
- Audio and video production a big plus.
- Designs graphics/images and develops audio and video content for web courses and online videos.
- Designs templates and user interfaces consistent with principles of instructional design.
- Researches and evaluates sources for content including digital images, audio, video and other media.
- Liaises with internal customers (department managers) to gather training requirements and perform story boarding to outline the training objectives and content.
- Creates Job Task Analysis and competency inventories, course plans, demo scripts, video sequences, assessments, online interaction and exercises for courses and/or program components
- Designs and delivers learning products in a variety of formats including self-paced
- online to classroom instructor-led, graphics, audio, video, and animation/simulation technologies to support curriculum offerings
- Works with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and others across the organization to create accurate, useful training modules for classroom and online courses
- Creates project plans and provides accurate risk assessments for all projects; meets deadlines and reprioritizes as needed to complete timely delivery of instructional design projects; manage course projects from inception to completion
- Provides customer service and technical/functional to support all users of our LMS.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related field/discipline from an accredited college or university
Minimum four (4) years of experience using computer based tools in the development,
maintenance, and delivery of eLearning products and knowledge management projects.
Portfolio with sample content required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Demonstrated expertise with instructional design methodologies, pedagogical
issues, and best practices for classroom, online, and blended learning.
Expertise in developing instructional design strategies, and familiarity with
policies, and procedures
Expertise in designing, developing, and evaluating face-to-face, fully online, and
Expertise with one or more learning management systems
Expertise with one or more eLearning authoring tools (e.g., Camtasia, Captivate,
Ability to quickly adopt new technologies and programming tools such as HTML
Outstanding communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients.
Ability to work collaboratively on a team as well as independently with minimum
Knowledge and familiarity with an electronic LMS enterprise
Ability to interact effectively at all levels in the organization.
Excellent time management and project management skills. Demonstrated ability
to manage a complex workload and prioritize tasks.
Teaching or training experience preferred
Experience with video and audio editing tools preferred
For immediate consideration, please apply!