PATIENT ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE and CASH POSTING REPRESENTATIVES
PALO ALTO, CA
OPTION 1 STAFFING is currently recruiting for Patient Account Representatives and Cash Posting Representatives who have 2 plus years' experience and is interested in working on a long term contract. The specific job duties will be comprised of a combination of responsibilities from among the various areas of PFS operations including Charge entry and charge batch balancing, Electronic and hardcopy claims editing and submission to various payers (Government, Managed Care, and Commercial), Accounts receivable collections and payer follow-up, Payer denial review and appeals processing, Customer service, Payment applications, Credit balance review and resolution and Patient advocacy and risk management.
RESPONSIBILITIES PATIENT ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVES
- Timely and accurate processing of patient accounts receivable billing and collections.
- This job requires a good working knowledge of systems and processes and be expected to resolve standard queries and problems.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
- Follows up on unpaid accounts in patient accounting systems with the payers either by phone or via websites.
- Works payer denials based on claim process adjudication; Review accounts for possible underpayments; research contracts, guidelines and resolve payment with payer.
- Perform appeals with payer.
- Performs bad debt request transfers as applicable.
- Performs or requests adjustment and contractual write offs as applicable Billers:
- Reviews EPIC worklists and edits accounts as needed;
- Reviews Cirius claim edits and resolves edits;
- Reviews and resolves electronic acknowledgement payer rejections/denials;
- Rebills claims based on requests from Follow Up reps due to denials received.
- Resends claim as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES CASH POSTING REPRESENTATIVES
- Posts payments;
- Work EPIC undistributed payment worklist;
- Posts adjustments related to payments.
- Processes refunds for accounts payable.
- Posts payment transfers from professional billing to hospital billing.
- Responsible for processing electronic and manual remittance transactions.
- Posting complex payment and contractual adjustments to patient accounts.
- Responsible for reconciling cash transactions, third party remittances, and credit/debit card payments.
- Representative downloads posts and reconciles electronic remittance files and works with the billing and collections representatives to resolve posting problems.
- Data Control Reps: Enters charges;
- Reviews EPIC worklist accounts with charge issues and resolves;
- Researches charge issues and follows up with departments as needed.
- Complete charge corrections including adding diagnosis, transferring or reversing charges, combining accounts.
- Maintains professional communication with various PFS staff, medical center staff, payors, physicians, and patients regarding the billing of services
- Communication may consist of telephone, correspondence, or in person contact.
- Meets weekly individual productivity goals and standards while following planned priorities as set by the Team Manager/Coordinator.
For immediate consideration, please apply!
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent Experience: Two (2) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and interpret institutional and other policies accurately.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and display data in appropriate format and keep accurate records
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to perform basic mathematics.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of accounts receivable system like SMS, IDX, or Meditech. Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area.
- Knowledge of medical reimbursement policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and insurance claim procedures common to medical billing and accounts receivable operations.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Medicare, Medi-Cal, Worker's Comp or Managed Care (HMO,PPO,POS, etc). Knowledge of principles and practices of customer service and telephone courtesy
For immediate consideration, please apply!
Best of Staffing Award Winner
Check out our jobs @ www.option1staffing.com
OPTION 1 STAFFING SERVICES, INC. AN AWARD WINNING AGENCY
Why Work Here?Founded by industry professionals, Option 1 Staffing is an Award Winning Staffing Agency located in the San Francisco Bay Area. With a reputation as one of the most trusted Staffing Agencies in the Bay Area, Option 1 delivers coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service. The company is characterized by clients for the integrity of its work and the quality of its candidates, and among job seekers for its personalized approach to placement. Since 1991 Option 1 Staffing serves Bay Area employers in need of Temporary/Contract to Hire, Direct Hire employees; in the areas of Administrative, Technical, Accounting and Finance, and Healthcare; to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors. Best of Staffing Award Winner Check out our jobs @ www.option1staffing.com
Join An Awesome Team!