IT DESKTOP SERVICES MANAGER
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA
Option 1 Staffing is an award winning, local recognized leader in staffing and recruiting, specializing in placing the highest caliber of Administrative, Accounting, IT, Finance and Non Clinical Healthcare professionals in contract and direct-hire opportunities. We work with top and emerging companies in the Technology and Healthcare industry.
OPTION 1 STAFFING is currently recruiting for a IT Desktop Services Manager to provide leadership for and management of the systems, services, and support provided by the Desktop Support and Desktop Engineering teams within Technical Services. These teams are comprised of Technicians and Engineers providing 24x7 coverage of support and engineering of end-user computing solutions, services, and systems. This position is responsible for establishing and ensuring achievement of regular and measurable goals for the training and development of individual staff members.
The IT Desktop Services Manager develops and implements processes and support structures to maintain superior service and ensures that the functional needs of the organization are understood and met. The IT Desktop Services Manager is responsible for critical decision making and coordination, and is the escalation point for end user computing issues and needs. For projects and other defined engagements, the IT Desktop Services Manager ensures proper resources are assigned and acts as the primary contact, lead, and coordinator when necessary. This position also acts as a consultative resource for major systems related projects, which include upgrades, conversions, implementations, and decommissions. The scope of this position covers the management of all Desktop Support and Desktop Engineering staff and functions, its campuses, and associated businesses. This position is required to provide 24x7 on-call Duty Manager rotation in addition to some evening and weekend work as necessary for adds, moves, changes, upgrades, and go-lives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration or Management, or two years directly related experience may be substituted for each year of college.
- Five years of relevant experience in Information Technology with at least three years of experience within a healthcare or other 24/7 high-availability environment.
- Three years of work experience in a position that required supervisory, management, comparable leadership, or project management responsibilities.
- Demonstrated understanding of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), as well as end-user computing solutions, services, and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and explain to others complex technical information.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills (technology and people) with a track record of achieving goals within set timelines and budget.
- Proven skills building, managing, coaching, and developing technical staff as well as excellent team work skills across functions.
- Must demonstrate excellent written/verbal interpersonal communication and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed with excellent organizational, writing, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- The ability to manage and work on multiple activities, projects, and escalations at the same time, effectively prioritizing and executing tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, initiative, and analytical abilities.
- Ability to read, write, hear, and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job.
- EPIC experience
Applicable desktop related certifications from CompTIA, Microsoft, Dell, VMware, Apple, preferred.
For immediate consideration, please apply!
Best of Staffing Award Winner
Check out our jobs @ www.option1staffing.com
OPTION 1 STAFFING SERVICES, INC. AN AWARD WINNING AGENCY
Why Work Here?Founded by industry professionals, Option 1 Staffing is an Award Winning Staffing Agency located in the San Francisco Bay Area. With a reputation as one of the most trusted Staffing Agencies in the Bay Area, Option 1 delivers coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service. The company is characterized by clients for the integrity of its work and the quality of its candidates, and among job seekers for its personalized approach to placement. Since 1991 Option 1 Staffing serves Bay Area employers in need of Temporary/Contract to Hire, Direct Hire employees; in the areas of Administrative, Technical, Accounting and Finance, and Healthcare; to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors. Best of Staffing Award Winner Woman Owned Proven Performer Award Workforce Logic Check out our jobs @ www.option1staffing.com
Join An Awesome Team!