Area Sales Manager - Civilian Federal Government - Remote
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Area Sales Manager is a significant driver of Company revenue and growth. This position is a remote position and will be located in a major metropolitan city within the Eastern US area, preferably in the National Capital Region or near major US Federal government customers. Your responsibilities will include the development and implementation of strategic account plans targeting deployments of our MetaDefender and MetaAccess Security platforms. You will leverage existing relationships and build the right relationships inside your target account (e.g. in the Department of Energy, Veterans Affairs, or the Dept of State) know how to leverage your company resources to the fullest and negotiate and close new business. The ideal candidate will have deep experience in one of the accounts as a member of a corporate sales team and a career track record of exceeding multi-million-dollar sales quotas. Candidates selling into critical infrastructure (sandbox technology) aspect of these accounts and cross-domain (e.g., data diode) sales experience are given a preference.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Strategically hunt for new business opportunities that leverage high value use cases, in key targeted account (either the Department of Energy, Veterans Affairs, or the Dept of State).
- In close partnership with your Solutions Engineer, develop and execute sales strategies and tactics to sell OPSWAT products, solutions, and services to exceed your sales targets.
- Communicate value propositions to clients that speak intimately to their needs and requirements.
- Utilize client-centric, solutions-oriented selling strategies and hunter’s mentality to identify, qualify, convert enterprise sales.
- Effectively articulate financial ROI/TCO value and build value throughout the negotiation process.
- Maintain extensive and accurate account and opportunity detail in Salesforce CRM, including account win plans, customer touch points, sales inhibitors, etc.
- Leverage all cross-functional resources to achieve your quota: including Executive management, Inside Sales Development, Customer Success, Field and Event Marketing, Sales Operations, and others.
- Forecast and report revenue projections to management and deliver a predictable pipeline to drive forecast accuracy.
- Overachieve on annual quota, measured quarterly.
What We Need from You:
- Minimum of 7 years successfully selling technology products and solutions to government.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- A successful track record selling complex-solutions directly to government customers and utilizing the federal channel.
- Persuasive and have excellent negotiation and presentation skills. You can effectively communicate with both technology-oriented and senior business executives at the “C” level and are comfortable articulating the technical and business value of the MetaDefender platform.
- A mix of strategic and proactive account activity, and you have a demonstrated ability of uncovering, qualifying, developing, and closing new accounts.
- Ability to set goals, prioritize tasks, and achieve success with minimal oversight in a sometimes-ambiguous work environment.
- Keep your pipeline accurate, and your forecast updated for management.
- Possess, at minimum, a fundamental understanding of security threats, solutions, and security tools.
- Excellent time management skills, and work with high levels of autonomy and self-direction.
- Highly competitive, ramp quickly, are extremely adaptive, and pride yourself on exceeding sales goals.
- You are able to travel as necessary to your assigned accounts, and to company meetings.
OPSWAT is a global cyber security company providing solutions for enterprises since 2002 to identify, detect, and remediate advanced security threats from data and devices coming into and out of their networks. Trusted by over 1,000 organizations worldwide for this secure data flow, OPSWAT prevents advanced security threats across multiple channels of file transfer and data flow with flexible options of MetaDefender solutions and API-based development and threat intelligence platforms. With over 30 anti-malware engines, 100+ data sanitization engines and more than 25 technology integration partners, OPSWAT is a pioneer and leader in data sanitization (Content Disarm and Reconstruction), vulnerability detection, multi-scanning, device compliance, and cloud access control. To learn more about OPSWAT, please visit www.OPSWAT.com.Responsibilities:
OPSWAT is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment where equal employment opportunities are extended to all employees and applicants, free of discrimination and harassment of any type. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements, and business needs without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws.
this is a remote position
BusinessView all jobs at OPSWAT