OPEX Corporation is looking Mechanical Designer to work at our World Headquarters in Moorestown, NJ. We are looking for a Designer who is able to commit to a full time schedule during our day shift. We are looking for dependable, organized, mechanically skilled candidates for this opening. If you are a punctual, communicative, diligent, detail oriented, and hands-on individual that works well with a team then OPEX may be the right place for you to pursue your career.
- Candidate should have 5-10 years Mechanical Design experience, in designing mechanical equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform design reviews, identifying important information required to meet review goals.
- Provide clear follow up notes in design review to set the next action.
- Resolve design problems and correct operating deficiencies
- Experience with Inventor.
- Ability to clearly understand / utilize CAD software using top down design techniques.
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery. Review and analyze specifications.
- Capable of working closely with all engineering disciplines, seek out their input, strive for design consensus and meet project goals.
- Skilled in performing design function; including cost, fabrication, and serviceability.
- Demonstrated ability to check parts by installing and testing the form, fit and function. Does not consider an assignment completed until all related tasks are considered and resolved.
- Ability to verify BOM and ASM drawings prior to going to production.
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task and able to work in both a team environment and alone.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge of Oracle and Microsoft products is a plus.
- Employee will primarily be working in an office environment with occasional travel to production floor for observation/research
- Sitting for an extended period of time
- Some walking between facilities
- Employee will frequently lift up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
OPEX Corporation is a recognized global technology leader in high-speed mailroom automation, document imaging, and material handling. Since 1973, OPEX systems have provided performance enhancing workflow solutions and cost-effective results to thousands of organizations around the world.
From its humble beginnings in a leased warehouse in southern New Jersey, OPEX now has more than 900 employees globally. OPEX’s World Headquarters, located in Moorestown, NJ, features more than 475,000 square feet of engineering, manufacturing, warehouse, product assembly and office space. OPEX offices are also located in the U.K., France, Germany, and Australia.
Full medical, dental and vision with low employee contribution rates
Paid holidays, vacation and personal days
401k with matching and profit sharing
Basic life insurance, short term and long term disability
On-site fitness facility
Tuition reimbursement available
OPEX Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and protected veteran status.