Open Adoption & Family Services
Open Adoption & Family Services (OA&FS) is a nonprofit, pro-choice agency that welcomes diversity. Our agency is unique in that we provide free all-options pregnancy counseling to women and couples in an empowering, pro-choice environment. We create a safe place for women to explore their options free from judgment and make a decision that feels best to them. When the choice is adoption, we facilitate child-centered open adoptions. Expectant parents choose, meet and create a genuine friendship with the adoptive parents that looks a lot like an extended family relationship. They get together frequently throughout the years. We provide lifelong services, including ongoing relationship guidance and support.
OA&FS is licensed in Oregon and Washington, with offices in Seattle, Portland and Eugene. Regarded as the premier open adoption agency in the Northwest, we have over 30 years of experience completing child-centered open adoptions. OA&FS completes the most domestic infant and newborn adoptions in Oregon and Washington.
We are a progressive, pro-choice agency. We have a diverse client population comprised of LGBTQ, straight, married and single individuals. For more information about OA&FS, visit our website: www.openadopt.org.
OA&FS Counselor Job Description
Hours: 32-40 hours a week, Mon – Fri, 9 to 5, with occasional evening and weekend work as needed.
· Provide all-options pregnancy counseling
· Educate clients about open adoption and offer guidance and support as they navigate their open adoption experience (i.e. relationship building, grief/loss, personal reflection).
· Coordinate all aspects of adoption plan including legally enforceable Open Adoption Agreements between birthparents and adoptive parents.
· Collaborate with related professionals during adoption planning process.
· Provide post-adoption counseling and relationship guidance for adoptive and birthparents.
· Write pre-placement homestudies, post-placement assessments, and court reports.
· Provide counseling and support to waiting families.
· Conduct outreach presentations that promote the services of OA&FS and the concept of open adoption to diverse populations, service providers, and organizations.
· A Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related field.
· An interest and understanding of current adoption issues and the dynamics involved in open adoption relationships.
· The ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Resumes will not be considered unless accompanied by a cover letter.