O’Neil Digital Solutions, LLC is a leader in providing the marketing communications and publishing needs of major corporations. We provide electronic and paper delivery solutions for Enrollment Kits, ID Cards, Direct Mail Campaigns, Directories, Catalogs and much more. Additionally, ODS provides IT personnel and shared services for the family of companies founded by Wall Street legend, William J. O’Neil, such as Investor’s Business Daily, William O’Neil + Co., O’Neil Capital Management and O’Neil Securities.
O’Neil Digital Solutions is seeking a motivated, tech-savvy person to become the newest Network Operations Center Engineer to work at our corporate headquarters in Playa Vista, Los Angeles aka Silicon Beach. The position is for Night Shift (9:00pm – 5:30am) in our 24/7 Data Center, where you will be trained on all aspects of operating, monitoring, and managing our systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- JOB AND PRODUCT SUPPORT: Monitor an extensive IT environment (databases, VMs, firewalls, PC/Mac workstations) using consoles, alerts, and escalation procedures to keep our products running and our customers happy.
- IT ADMINISTRATION and SECURITY: Deploy and support industry-standard applications, such as Jira, Confluence, Gitlab, Jenkins, Slack, SolarWinds Orion, Microsoft SQL and Office, VPN and FTP software, etc.
- PC SUPPORT: Provide A+ and Network+ support to hundreds of users in offices around the world. Build computers, fix hardware and software errors, setup new equipment, create/delete accounts, reset passwords, conduct audits.
- COMMUNICATION: The Data Center is the nerve center of the company, in constant dialogue with all other departments. Excellent verbal and written communication is a must, along with qualities like teamwork, a positive attitude, a calm-under-pressure demeanor, and a desire to help people.
- INITIATIVE: Above all, we’re looking for candidates who constantly make iterative improvements to our processes and procedures in order to save time and money. Following a checklist is not enough — we want leaders who will streamline our current workload so the NOC can take on new responsibilities as our business grows.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- A good general understanding of, and demonstrated affinity for, PCs and related technologies (networking, databases, VMs, Linux, etc.).
- Power-user level knowledge of Windows 7 and 10, and a solid amount of working experience with MS Office.
- Physical ability to lift 25lbs.
- Bachelor’s degree (any discipline) preferred, but not required. Tech certifications (A+, Network+, etc.) preferred. Automation experience (Powershell, Python scripting, DevOps, batch files, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Excellent and competitive benefits package including: Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Flexible benefits account
- Generous vacation accrual schedules sick time
We are a 24/7/365 data center, so conceivably you can be assigned any schedule, including WEEKENDS and HOLIDAYS (e.g. Wed-Sun, Fri-Tues etc.). School continuation is not recommended, as schedules can change depending on data center needs.
After a few weeks of initial training, new candidates start on the night shift (usually 9:00pm – 5:30am). As opportunities arise — and subject to the candidate’s growth and positive impact within the company — there are eventually chances to move to earlier shifts. The average time for this to happen is 1-2 years.