Machine Operator I - Weekends (Saturday-Monday) - ($15 - $17)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Machine Operator I is responsible for setting up, operating, and maintaining machine equipment used to produce printing materials.
Monday - Friday , 2:30 PM - 11:00 PM
Pay: $15-$17 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up equipment at the beginning of each job according to the specifications provided on the job ticket
- Responsible for the inspection of equipment as well as potential safety concerns
- Maintain equipment, troubleshoot problems, and perform preventative maintenance on equipment as needed
- Monitor quality, output, and overall productivity
- Make adjustments during operation as required to return output to the proper specifications
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions such as imperfect bindings, ink spots, torn, loose and uneven pages to the department manager
- Communicates status of jobs to department manager
- Train and monitor PHI recycling
- Maintain workflow from start to end of machine
- Set the counter stacker with assistance
- Prepare the three-knife trimmer with assistance
- Set-up the Cover Feeder with assistance
- Operate a productivity level of 70% minimum or better
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
- High School graduate, or completion of GED required
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a printing or Bindery environment (operating either Horizon, IBIS or Mueller Stitchers is a plus)
- This position requires an individual who is technically and mechanically oriented
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as operation and maintenance instructions
- Must adhere to all Safety and OSHA standards
- Perform all work and activities with honesty and integrity
- Take personal responsibility for productivity, quality, and timeliness of work
- Effectively communicate (and listen) clearly, professionally, politely, and persuasively in all situations; respond well and in a reasonable, timely manner
- Challenge conventional practices and use creativity and information to lead, innovate, problem solve, and implement ideas to contribute to the growth of the organization
- Support and meet company/department goals and core values
- Collaborate with co-workers to achieve common goals
O'Neil Digital SolutionsWhy Work Here?
We use cutting-edge technology to provide data management and omnichannel communications solutions and offer excellent pay and benefits!
Founded in 1973, O’Neil Digital Solutions (ODS) is a leading IT consulting firm specializing in the optimization of complex end-to-end business process systems for a multitude of business verticals including Financial Services, Digital Media, Healthcare, and Transportation industries. ODS provides high-touch bespoke software engineering, systems integration, and infrastructure management services to clients of all sizes and industries. From large scale mass communication projects to highly secure and confidential data analytics using Big Data frameworks like Hadoop and AWS Redshift, ODS has a broad set of proven technical capabilities that help companies make complex digital transformations. ODS offers state of the art publishing solutions through our customer-centric applications and services include electronic document delivery, web applications, high-speed digital printing (color and black & white), automated composition, offset printing, warehousing and fulfillment services. ODS is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and also has offices/plants in Texas and North Carolina centrally located to serve clients across the country.
4120 Goldmine RdMonroe, NC