- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
O’Neal Steel is currently seeking an Operations Supervisor (3rd shift) for our facility in Little Rock, AR.
The role of the Operations supervisor is to supervise the processing, loading and shipping of all orders to meet the customers’ quality and delivery expectations, while maintaining established safety and cost standards. The Operation Supervisor is the first-line liaison between hourly production employees and the management staff, and thus represents the company’s views and interests to the shop floor staff. Support the hub and spoke structure by being fast, accurate and dependable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise warehouse and delivery employees to include work schedules, performance, productivity strategies, and manage payroll
- Ensure that assigned personnel have appropriate training, work instruction, and tools to successfully perform their duties
- Coordinate and execute the production work schedule
- Develop, plan and coordinate cross training opportunities for employees
- Supervise shop activities to ensure that manufactured products meet or exceed all established quality standards
- Make daily assignments, including filling vacancies and assigning overtime in order to adhere to the customers’ delivery dates
- Utilize lean manufacturing principles to drive continuous improvement in processes and procedures
- Evaluate service levels and make recommendations regarding employee staffing
- Assist in the planning of equipment and facilities maintenance to maximize the uptime and utilization of asset. Coordinate and support preventive maintenance schedules with the Maintenance Department
- Administer employee policies, practices, procedures, and work rules appropriate for the work unit. Monitor individual and line performance to ensure the company and its employees adhere to those policies, practices, procedures.
- Monitor and make adjustments to stay within department operating budgets and meet established goals.
- Assist in the resolution of internal and external customer problems/complaints. Promote high employee morale.
- Drive for continuous safety and housekeeping improvements through the implementation of Visual Factory and 5-S principles
- Consistently meet the KPI targets for OTD, QDR, LTA and MH/Ton or other established goals
- Responsible for providing error-free work to all internal and external customers as related to the output of their position.
Processing Specific Responsibilities:
- Prepare written production schedules, provide machine operators with production, schedule document(s), and monitor timely completion based on scheduled work.
- Coordinate work flow with various departments involved.
- Modify schedules to handle unexpected delays.
- Expedite overdue orders.
- Quality Responsibility: Responsible for providing error-free work to all internal and external customers as related to the output of their position.
- Actively work with ShopLogix software to achieve continual improvement in regards to machine production efficiencies.
- Communicate proactively with sales group to improve operational results through time studies, material usage, etc..
- Work variance reports associated with processing orders to correct allocations and resolve variances.
- Consistently manipulate WO start dates in relation to order request dates in order to provide accurate lead-time schedules.
Required Skills: To qualify for consideration, an applicant must possess the following skills. Possession of these skills is a prerequisite for employment.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory or leadership experience preferably in a steel service center, metal processing/manufacturing environment or other warehouse/distribution type industry.
- Strong steel processing and service center experience preferred.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Previous experience with safety training, truck scheduling, and truck routing.
- Strong computer skills with a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel
- Valid Driver's License required.
Education: Associate or Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Operations, Logistics or Supply Chain preferred. Non-degree candidates with equivalent training and experience will be considered.
Shift: Must be able to work 3rd Shift (11:00 PM – 7:00 AM) Sunday-Friday.
*Upon offer of employment, candidates must pass a criminal background check and drug test (excludes THC).
**Benefits: **O'Neal offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Work site Wellness Programs
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Tuition and Health club Reimbursement
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment and Life Insurance
- Adoption Assistance
- Training and Development Opportunities
- 401k and Profit sharing
**About Us: With more than 100 years in business, O’Neal Steel, an O’Neal Industries affiliate, supplies a wide range of carbon and alloy steel, stainless steel, and aluminum products for companies nationwide. Founded in 1921 and headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, O’Neal Steel has 18 strategically located distribution centers throughout the country that offer inventory and value-added processing capabilities tailored to market needs, all while providing high levels of customer service. O’Neal Steel’s industry-leading online platform, PRONTO®, provides continuous access to inventory, pricing, ordering, and account management.
You should be proficient in:
- Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Scheduling Experience
- Recruiting and Training Experience
$26 - $39 / hr
O'Neal Steel (ONI Company)
AddressLittle Rock, AR
BusinessView all jobs at O'Neal Steel (ONI Company)