ONE GI LLC Leesburg, VA
ONE GI LLC
Expired: November 21, 2023 Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Location: VA 19455 Deerfield Avenue, #201 0VX15 - Lansdowne, VA
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Job Summary: The Medical Assistant (MA), serves as the direct clinical liaison between the physician and patient. The primary responsibilities include assisting the physician with management of office visits, providing patient education and instruction, communicating with patients via telephone, and documenting in patient charts. This position has both administrative and clinical duties. The expectation is that the MA will exercise appropriate clinical judgment relative to any given situation.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Measure vital signs, including weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and documents all information in patient’s chart.
- Collect specimens for laboratory analysis, as applicable.
- Obtain, verify, and record health history of patients.
- Assist the physician with office visits. Must be able to assist physician in an emergency.
- Manage patient prescriptions as directed by physician.
- Manage referrals as directed by physician
- Answer patient questions. Notify patients of test results
- Review procedure reports to ensure patients have hospital orders and needed clearances have been received.
- Escort patients to exam rooms and/or throughout the office as needed.
- Adhere to infection control/safety guidelines.
- Prepare examination rooms to include cleaning and restocking of supplies.
- Assist with dressing and undressing of patients as needed.
- Administer intramuscular and subcutaneous medications as directed by physician (dosage must be verified).
- Perform phlebotomy for lab work and complete required forms.*
- Assist with scheduling office visits, procedures, laboratory tests, x-rays, outpatient testing, hospital admissions and appointments as necessary.
*Note: a certification in phlebotomy can be used in place of medical assistant certification. Depending on location, One GI will allow a non-certified medical assistant to do phlebotomy, and/or injections.
- Flexible, Detail oriented, Customer focus, Team working, Initiative, Problem solving, Organized, Self-motivated
- Adopt the One GI culture of respect, integrity and accountability that contribute to an internal environment of teamwork and promote a positive brand image to our external customers.
- Incorporate a leadership mindset to your role.
- Comply with One GI procedures, policies, and regulations relevant to your role.
- Successfully completes all One GI training requirements (i.e. OSHA, HIPAA, HealthStream, compliance, etc.)
- Responsible for compliance with all regulatory requirements and/or guidelines. These requirements/guidelines include, but are not limited to: OSHA, HIPAA, Federal Fraud and Abuse laws.
- Computer skills – good working knowledge of MS office.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritize.
- Able to maintain standards and professionalism during periods of fluctuating workloads.
- Provide professional service to direct customers of One GI in all interactions.
- Build effective working relationships with other team members.
- Manage daily tasks to ensure business needs are consistently met.
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience working as a Medical Assistant required.
- Previous experience working in a medical office environment preferred.
- Basic Life Support Certification Required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology required.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
Some One GI locations require the medical assistant to float/travel to other locations as needed/required. Incumbent must be capable & able to travel and have reliable transportation to include a valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Understand/comprehend English as well as read/follow written English instructions.
This role requires continuous activity levels in areas such as walking, standing, pushing, pulling, lifting, and reaching. It also requires dexterity in motion/flexibility. Ability to lift, push or pull 35+ or more. Must be able to differentiate colors and successfully pass color blind screening.
This job operates in a clinic and procedure room environment. There is potential to be exposed to blood, tissue, and bodily fluids. Occasional exposure to communicable diseases and biohazards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability to perform the non-essential or essential functions of this job. All accommodations will be investigated on an individual basis with the needs of the department and current staff resources considered. Accommodations will not be made that compromise the safety and health of any associate.
ONE GI LLCLeesburg, VA
Get fresh Medical Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.