Volunteer Engagement Coordinator
OMSI - Oregon Museum of Science & Industry Portland, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Volunteer Engagement Coordinator provides administrative support and fosters engagement for all volunteers at OMSI.
Participate in programs/initiatives to enhance corporate culture, such as:
- Working effectively with and supporting volunteers throughout the organization
- Supporting OMSI's Total Guest Experience (TGE)/Customer Service mission & objectives in daily job performance, including diversity initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Performing some of the following will involve driving to various locations outside OMSI's corporate headquarters:
- Process internal volunteer requests and post recruitment advertising for all volunteer opportunity openings, including updating recruitment websites and participating in recruitment fairs;
- Responsible for processing all volunteer onboarding paperwork;
- Conduct reference checks and criminal history background checks for all selected volunteers;
- Create and maintain all volunteer personnel records, both physical and electronic, including tracking hours of service;
- Assist participants in the intern and work-experience programs by processing onboarding paperwork, supporting supervisors with record-keeping and maintaining clear communications between OMSI and external partners;
- Process volunteer terminations/resignations and maintain volunteer historical records;
- Cultivate relationships with volunteers and volunteer supervisors to enhance department programming and diversify volunteer engagement experiences.
- Provide volunteer supervision guidance, counseling and training based on volunteer coordination best practices.
- Respond to prospective volunteer inquires.
- Place prospective volunteers in opportunities based on interest, skills, and availability.
- Coordinate opportunities for episodic volunteers or individuals looking for a short-term experience.
- Train and supervise Volunteer Engagement Department volunteers.
- This position is non-exempt, paid hourly
- This position is regular full-time, scheduled for 40 hours/week.
- Requires one weekend day per week, occasional evenings and holidays, and flexibility to modify scheduled based on business needs.
- Physical Demands: 75% Sitting 20% Standing 5% Lifting/Carrying/Pushing/Pulling 10-30 Pounds
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left or right while eyes are fixed on a given point), Depth and perception (three dimensional vision, ability to judge distance and spatial relationships), Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eyes to bring an object into sharp focus).
- Noise level is moderate (examples: business office with computers and printers).
- Assist in planning and implementing volunteer recognition activities;
- Assist in publishing monthly staff newsletter;
- Assume other responsibilities and tasks assigned by supervisor, such as managing supplies for new volunteers;
- Passion for promoting volunteerism and creating opportunities for individuals to help OMSI's programs grow;
- Developed interpersonal and customer service skills, in person and on the telephone, for working effectively with people of diverse ages, talent and background;
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills in order to meet individual and Volunteer Engagement related deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and communication skills that adhere to confidentiality, protocol, and community agreements ' with a focus on presentation and public speaking;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite products;
- Experience with volunteer tracking software such as Volgistics, VolunteerMatters, or similar personnel database;
- Proficient or native fluency in a second language (non-English)
- Experience working in a museum or similar customer service and nonprofit setting;
Education & Work Experience:
- 2 years of cumulative experience with increasing responsibility:
- Program coordination and project management experience;
- Volunteer coordination experience;
- Recruiting, screening, and training experience;
- Coursework or other training in volunteer resource management;
Additional Requirements/Preferences; Including Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid driver's license.
- Pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check and reference checks.
OMSI - Oregon Museum of Science & Industry
Non ProfitView all jobs at OMSI - Oregon Museum of Science & Industry