Development Operations Manager
OMSI - Oregon Museum of Science & Industry Portland, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Development Operations Manager provides strategic direction of prospect research, project pipelines, and campaign management activity. This position partners with the Development Team to assess research needs, identify new prospects, and ensure prospects and donors are optimally managed. Project team support, task and utilization management, status reporting, and ensuring quality control throughout project life cycles are also central to this position.
Participate in programs/initiatives to enhance corporate culture, such as:
- Working effectively with and supporting volunteers throughout the organization
- Supporting OMSI's Total Guest Experience (TGE)/Customer Service mission & objectives in daily job performance, including diversity initiatives
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage donor prospect process for individual, corporate, and foundation grants;
- Serve as primary liaison for frontline fundraisers to assess their need for prospects and optimize portfolio balance. This includes working with Directors to assign new prospects as needed;
- Actively incorporate diversity, equity, access, and inclusion initiatives throughout portfolio stewardship and activities that support organizational values and strategic priorities;
- Direct the tracking and reporting of prospect pipelines, donor segmentation, and portfolios in the database. Including identification and qualification processes to move prospects and set donor centered strategy;
- Develop and administer systematic and one time projects, including batch wealth screenings, to prioritize donors and prospects for fundraising priorities. This includes advising frontline fundraisers on current wealth screening data;
- Create portfolios for tracking of work by volunteer fundraisers.
Operations and Revenue Tracking
- Responsible for creating and providing revenue projections and other financial reports for Development team;
- Identify and recommend efficiencies to streamline processes, support implementation across department;
- Lead Donor Strategy meetings by providing financial updates, reviewing fundraising pipelines, and setting and following up on strategies to meet fundraising goals for all fundraising priorities;
- Manage workflow and strategy, including timelines and goals for fundraising priorities, with focus on capital campaigns.
- Manage complex database inquiries, acting as point person for requests and communications with Senior Data Systems Manager;
- Maintain standard operating procedure for development team use of database. Perform regular review to ensure most efficient procedures are in place, includes familiarizing staff with procedures and updates as needed;
- Deliver database and report training to current and new development staff as needed;
- Manage monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
- Responsible for the recruitment process and supervision of interns and volunteers for the Development department;
- Attend cultivation and fundraising events as a representative of the Development department.
- This position is exempt, paid salaried
- This position is regular full-time, scheduled for 40 hours/week.
- Willingness to adjust work schedule as needed to meet the demands of the position, including working some weekends and evenings;
- Physical Demands: 80% Sitting 15% Standing 5% Lifting/Carrying/Pushing/Pulling 20 Pounds
- Noise level is moderate (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
- Other tasks as assigned by the Vice President of Development.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques surrounding a prospect management/moves management program in a complex development operation, including an understanding of how prospect management supports major gift fundraising;
- Proficiency with query and analysis techniques and tools used to modify, retrieve, manipulate, and report on data from relational database management systems;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and communication skills that adhere to confidentiality, protocol, and community agreements;
- Effective at building and maintaining strong relationships with people of diverse talents and backgrounds;
- Ability to meet goals while balancing stringent and overlapping deadlines;
- Exercises sound judgement while upholding high integrity and ethical standards;
- Demonstrated ability to pivot between individual and team work;
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills;
- Excellent attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Experience in Salesforce or other database program;
- Proficient or native fluency in a second language (non-English);
- Developed knowledge of diversity, equity, and inclusion principles;
education & work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 3 years of cumulative development experience with increasing responsibility:
- Experience working in prospect research or relationship management;
- Experience working with and supporting collaborative, interdepartmental, and diverse teams;
- Developed coordination and project management skills;
- Demonstrated donor relations and stewardship activity experience;
Additional Requirements/Preferences; Including Licenses and Certifications:
- Pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check and reference checks.
- Valid driver's license.
OMSI - Oregon Museum of Science & Industry
TechnologyView all jobs at OMSI - Oregon Museum of Science & Industry