Patient Access Representative
OMRF Oklahoma City, OK
- Posted: 28 days ago
OMRF is looking for a Patient Access Representative.
Greets and registers incoming patients, collects data, enters demographic and insurance information with a high degree of accuracy. Confirms and schedules appointments, collects co-payments, and verifies insurance. High school education or equivalent required.
• Open and close the clinic.
• Answer and correctly route all incoming calls and respond appropriately to inquiries and requests for information.
• Greet patients and other individuals with clinic business. Direct patients and/or visitors to various clinic areas. Assure cleanliness and organization of waiting room.
• Enter patient information on all new patients as well as periodic updating of established patient accounts regarding address, charges incurred, insurance, etc.
• Maintain patient charts and medical records. Ensure completion of and obtain signatures on all necessary forms and documents required by clinic and by law. Photocopy medical records and send out when authorized.
• Consistently obtain and copy/scan insurance cards and drivers licenses.
• Utilize online programs to verify insurance eligibility and benefits, documenting findings on the patient account. Contact insurance companies for pre-authorizations and pre-certifications as required prior to patient receiving services.
• Review insurance verification and advise patient of third party benefits. Explain third party and self-pay portion of bills to patients and/or guarantor.
• Collect copayment. Communicate in a professional manner to patients regarding all outstanding balances. Evaluate financial status of patient’s accounts, initiate and make payment arrangements, and maintain a continuous follow up process on all accounts to minimize loss in revenue.
• Log cash collected, generate receipts, and maintain balanced cash at all times.
• Gather and route billing information appropriately and manage billing work queues and inquiries.
• Maintain clinic schedule including setting patient appointments, confirming appointments with reminder calls, and amending provider schedules according to availability.
• Prepare and send general correspondence and patient letters as directed by providers and/or clinic manager.
• Receive and distribute mail.
• Schedule referrals as directed by the providers to other physicians and/or ancillary services.
• Monitor office supplies in work area to ensure adequate inventory level and advise supervisor of malfunctioning office equipment.
• Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
High school diploma or GED.
Two years or more of previous office experience in a physician’s office or other health care setting preferred.
Proficiency in EMR scheduling and registration, particularly EPIC, preferred.
Spanish speaking preferred.
Typically Monday-Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm however hours may vary slightly depending on workload and patient/participant scheduling.
Regularly required to sit, use manual dexterity, talk and hear. Occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and lift or move up to 5 pounds. Vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Noise level is usually moderate.
Apply online at http://omrf.peopleadmin.com/postings/4036
OMRFWhy Work Here?
We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits! Check out our benefits at https://omrf.org/about-omrf/human-resources/benefits/.
825 NE 13th Street Oklahoma CityOklahoma City, OK
HealthcareView all jobs at OMRF