Sr. Cloud Operations Engineer (Remote Position)
- Posted: over a month ago
A Cloud Engineer at Omnigo is responsible for supporting all cloud-hosted products and building scalable infrastructure solutions. This includes developing and executing a cloud strategy that enables cloud computing technologies that are automated, optimized, and maintained. This role will drive opportunities for optimization and lead the community of practice to enable consistent and efficient adoption of services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Vulnerability and compliance implementation and support
• Server patch deployment automation
• Support cloud-based AWS and Azure technologies company-wide
• Research new technologies for increased user productivity
• Database experience which should include executing SQL, and assisting application teams with connectivity and integration activities
• Knowledge of setup/provisioning of virtual servers, app services, network, and security in cloud environments to support hosted application
• Experience with troubleshooting application-related issues
• Mentor engineers, coach engineers on design, development, and maintenance of systems
• Design, develop, code, and test complex technical solutions across many technologies to tie together existing systems and tools
• Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled
• Experience deploying applications and experience with automated deployment are required. Ansible and Terraform experience are a plus.
• Perform root cause analysis on critical incidents and events with servers and networks and provide technical support (for virtual and non-virtual environments). NewRelic and CloudAware experience are a plus.
• Analyze data including various logs, traffic trace, and complex configuration data
• Experience with programming/scripting languages
• Strong security orientation
• Cloud certification strongly preferred
• Experience in deployment and use of alerting/monitoring tools
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with MCA or equivalent qualification
• A relevant university degree and/or minimum of 5 years of direct experience
This company is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
OMNIGO SOFTWARE LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?