Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Principal HRIS Systems Analyst to sit in any of our office locations in in WA, OR, CA, TX, AK, and MT.
We are seeking a Principal HRIS Systems Analyst to provide advanced expertise in systems and process analysis, design and problem-solving in a complex, multi-system environment with focus on end-to-end processes and impacts. Act as the liaison between business teams, application vendors and IS for system integrations, enhancements and issue fixes; Responsible for translating complex business needs to effective design recommendations, system/data analysis, instituting design in system, and leading or participating in testing and deployment activities. Conduct and present quantitative and qualitative analysis of cross-functional people and payroll data in collaboration with business teams. Contribute to system decision-making, scoping and planning for HR system projects in support of the overall HR strategy. Lead small and medium system upgrades, feature release, interfaces and data conversion projects across functional areas of HR and provide direction for project team members.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Serve as an advanced subject matter expert for one or more HRIS modules/functional areas and actively participate in design, planning, implementation and support of HR systems.
- Guide HRIS team and provide hands-on tier 2 or 3 operational support for system or data issues, complex system/process questions, reporting and change requests as needed.
- Analyze, design and maintain all system configuration for supported HR systems as prescribed by HRIS leader(s).
- Lead or provide guidance on reporting strategy to HRIS staff on complex reporting projects and systems. Analyze data structures and meet complex information needs through established reports or utilization of various tools and applications to develop new reports for HR and other business users.
- Work directly with HR communities, technical staff and project teams to identify, analyze, design, test and implement new systems or improvements to existing systems and associated procedures.
- Act as work stream lead or systems lead in projects, feature releases and issue resolution, working with business users, IS, vendors and other support teams to define scope, prioritize, plan and implement.
- Identify and initiate improvement opportunities around system, process, data and user experience, and recommend options to leaders with justification, impacts and data for the approach.
- Identify, design and document process workflows, system decisions, designs and procedures.
- Develop or actively contribute to Test Strategy around systems. Create, document and execute test plans and scripts to validate that system updates are accurate and the system functions as designed.
- Design and setup security structures across multiple modules, processes and functions in the HR systems and data repositories. Monitor and maintain security access for HR information systems and identify need for updating of policies.
- Administer, audit, and monitor HR systems transactions and reports to ensure data integrity, reconcile discrepancies and identify corrective actions needed to improve data quality.
- Lead design and implementations of interfaces from primary HR systems and coordinate all activities, including requirements gathering, data mapping, design specifications, test strategy and scheduling with IS and vendor teams.
- Provide direction to technical developers for data conversion, complex reports, interfaces, error handling and custom process builds.
- Monitor and research system integration issues around data, performance, scheduling and file transmissions. Coordinate and communicate resolution on issues with IS support teams, vendors and business teams.
- Provide 24 X 7 on-call support during after hours for critical production or project issues and coordinate issue resolution and communication needs across functional and technical teams as needed by HRIS leadership.
- Provides reviews, assessments and recommendations for new tools and technologies used to generate reports or streamline processes.
- Assist in the development, update and adherence of HRIS policies, guidelines, templates and procedures.
- Participate regularly in professional activities to keep abreast of changes and new developments in Human Resources and
- HRIS and presents relevant materials to HRIS team.
- Provide guidance and mentor HRIS analysts in HRIS operations, processes, procedures and in research/analysis approach.
- Create and conduct training for business super users and trainers on
- HRIS applications, including features and procedures.
- Collaborate with business leads on training approach and development for end users and support teams
- 25-30% travel to system-wide locations. Travel requirement may increase, based on project requirements (e.g. system implementation work).
- Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with appropriate confidentiality and security.
- Cooperates fully in all risk management activities and investigations.
- Foster teamwork and engagement with geographically dispersed team members working virtually or from PSJH office locations