Providence is calling a Mental Health Therapist to Providence Behavioral Medicine Group (1.0 FTE at Providence Region Building, Anchorage AK) We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
We are seeking a Mental Health Therapist to provide outpatient individual, group, and/or family therapy services to support the social, emotional, and functional health of our patients. A successful candidate will work collaboratively with patients and families, professional colleagues, office staff, and community resources, to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate appropriate treatment..
In this position, you will:
- Provide comprehensive intake assessments
- Facilitate and co-facilitate groups, family, and individual therapy
- Provide evidence-based therapeutic interventions
- Provide accurate and timely documentation required to process service claims
- Work cooperatively with other team members and community services to provide patient care and crisis management.
- Implement care and services that recognize specific needs of patients, including, but not limited to age or diversity
- Participate in case reviews, staff training & professional supervision
Required qualifications for this position include
- Masters or doctoral degree in psychology, social work, or health-related field
- Current State of Alaska license as: Psychologist, Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), or Licensed Psychological Associate (LPA), or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT
- Two years experience providing family or individual therapy
- Strong foundational knowledge of comprehensive mental health issues in both theory and practice
- Knowledge, training, and experience utilizing assessment techniques, and evidence-based interventions for specific populations
- Regular attendance