As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, you will be a member of a Software Quality Assurance Organization that collaborates with stakeholders and members of the agile team to implement automated testing of both cloud and client-side interfaces. In addition to writing automation code, you will be expected to build comprehensive test plans, track executions, take responsibility for test coverage metrics and manage and execute manual test coverage where appropriate.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to our long-term vision and strategy for QA and Test Automation
- Make testing an integral part of the development process and individually contribute to the improvement and expansion of our test frameworks and services
- Understand project documents, customer demands, and product objectives to create and execute test cases.
- Understand the flow of code and how it interacts with different components.
- Review acceptance criteria and discuss with the developers to determine unit test case coverage
- Set up, perform and maintain test automation frameworks on multiple application platforms, such as Mobile, Desktop, and Web, and building test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Execute manual test cases, where required in sprint as well as release regression testing
- Investigate customer problems in collaboration with the operations support team.
- Understand the customers' systems and handle technical communications.
- Work with deployments teams in resolving level issues for systems, coordinating on product design, and offering inputs on the testability of functional elements and product designs.
- Analyze and disintegrate software systems and coordinate with other teams to enhance the overall design.
- Research test tools, methodologies, and trends and upgrade existing practices and processes.
- Follow agile/Scrum practices.
- Manage the final quality on production release.
- Performs other functions as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- You are a “systems thinker”
- Strong background in Python, REST, Power Shell scripting, C# and/or Java
- Experience with a cloud technology. Preferably AWS.
- Experience with DevOps toolchain, i.e. Git, JIRA, Jenkins Pipeline, Artifactory, etc.
- Experience in containers/micro services preferred.
- Experience in setting up complex test environments for functional and performance test.
- Experience with automated testing types, tools and techniques (Unit, Pytest, Robot, Functional, Load; JUnit, JMeter, Cucumber, Selenium, Ready API, SoapUI, etc.)
- Capable of troubleshooting network related issues using network commands.
- Practical knowledge of SQL, relational Database, NOSQL.
- Ability to advocate for quality across functional teams
- You are intrigued by creating systems that perform at the highest levels
- You love learning new technologies, and applying critical thought to system design
- You demonstrate intellectual curiosity
- You care about your work, and demonstrate a passion for your craft
- You want the entire team to succeed
- You communicate well
Work Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Primarily sedentary work in a general office environment
- Ability to communicate and exchange information
- Ability to comprehend and interpret documents and data
- Requires occasional standing, walking, lifting, and moving objects (up to 10 lbs.)
- Requires manual dexterity to use computer, telephone and peripherals
- May be required to work extended hours for special business needs
- May be required to travel at least 10% of time based on business needs
- BS/MSCS or equivalent
Minimum Related Work Experience:
- 6+ years of professional experience as Automation Engineer in software test automation development.
- 3+ Developing automation with Python, Bash, C#, Java, PowerShell or similar languages
- Command of C#, Python, Selenium
- Experience working with Windows and Linux
- Practical SQL skills.
- Knowledge/experience with NoSQL is a plus.
- Knowledge of SIP, telephony is a plus.
- Proven experience working with a variety of methodologies and operating models, including waterfall, agile, and DevOps. Previous agile experience a big plus.
- Experience converting from monolithic applications to micro services is a plus
- Incredible attention to detail
- Ability to find a solution with limited guidance
- Excellent collaboration skills and a passion for problem solving
- Able to work alternative coverage schedules when necessary
- AWS professional level certifications is preferred but not required
- 3+ years of related experience in the following:
- o Familiar with DevOps toolchain, i.e. Git, JIRA, Jenkins Pipeline, Artifactory, Nuget
- o Automating and deploying n-tier application stacks in Cloud (AWS preferred)
- o Able to find bottlenecks and thresholds in existing code with the help of automation tools
- o Automated test data generation and/or data obfuscation
- o Ability to stitch together a series of tools and technologies to facilitate automated end-to-end testing
- Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, Remote until back in the Danvers office
- Length: 5-month Contract to Hire
- Pay: DOE, upon conversion salary is $125k-$130k
OLSA Resources is recognized as one of the top 50 Woman-Owned Businesses, and has received the Best of Portland Engineering Award.
Please bookmark our webpage to refer to during your career search as we are adding new opportunities daily: http://www.olsaresources.com/
OLSA ResourcesFor the past 20 years, OLSA Resources has been a renowned supplier of top talent to Fortune 500 companies throughout the United States. OLSA Resources is recognized as one of the top 50 Woman-Owned Businesses, and has received the Best of Portland Engineering Award. Please bookmark our webpage to refer to during your career search as we are adding new opportunities daily: http://www.olsaresources.com/