One of the country's leading heavy trucking manufacturers is looking for an Electrical Development Engineer to support the body controller team with answering/solving critical current product issues and with design and testing of new software functionalities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Investigate software and electronic issues by going through a thorough troubleshooting process. Report issues to supplier or internal stakeholders and follow through resolution
• Answer shopcall issues to support plant builds
• Answer custom work orders (CWO) requests
• Release software parameters
• Author software specifications in internal documentation tools
• Support the team during the electronic communication and interface update phase and for the system electronic information extraction
• Perform component test bench verification tasks for software functionalities to confirm that they were implemented to specifications
Required background experience and skills
• BS degree in electrical or computer engineering (MS degree preferred).
• 0-3 years of previous work experience with electronic components and software development
• Experience with electronic component and software testing.
• Strong troubleshooting and analytical mindset
• Good oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
• Customer Service-supportive mindset
• Proficient PC skills including Office suite
• Automotive or Truck Electronic and software development experience preferred
• Programming languages:
- Matlab - Simulink required
- Python/C preferred
• Experience with CAN Network communication and CAN tools (CANalyzers, etc.)
Top 3 MUST-HAVE Hard Skills
• Testing of electronic and software feature requirements on bench equipment
• Troubleshooting mindset
• Experience in Software Development for automotive electronic features