One of the world's leading heavy-truck manufacturers is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join their team at a maximum of $32/hr!
- Apply engineering principles to improve electronic components. This includes the development of concepts to improve operation of components and the analysis of associated technical problems. Manage considerable complexity while working with minimum of supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and updates project plans.
- Creates, modifies, and uses analytical tools and experimental methods.
- Orders experimental hardware for evaluation.
- Provides test instructions to laboratory technicians and advises laboratory personnel of instrumentation needs.
- Reviews and analyzes experimental and analytical results.
- Composes monthly progress reports and specifications and/or contract proposals.
- Presents periodic oral project reviews.
- Documents completed projects in written reports.
- Maintains technical expertise in areas of specialization by reading literature, joining societies, attending conferences, writing technical papers, etc.
- Trains other engineers in areas of expertise and specialization.
- Participates in technical and industry associations.
- Manages projects conducted internally and at outside companies.
- Maintains clean and safe work area.
- Maintains files of correspondence, technical information, and experimental or analytical results.
- Exchanges information with colleagues.
Required background experience and skills:
- BS degree in electrical or computer engineering.
- 1-4 years of previous work experience with electronic components
- Good oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the basic principles of combustion engines.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Proficient PC skills including word processing and spreadsheet software - Microsoft Suite experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Domestic and foreign travel.
- Analytical skills.
- Experience with hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical systems.
- Familiarity with electronic component and software testing.
- Experience with instrumentation for making electrical, mechanical, thermodynamic, noise, and emissions measurements.
- Knowledge of engine controls, dynamics, vibration, and acoustics.
- It is preferred if the candidate has Vector CAN Tools experience (Canoe, Canalyzer, Canape, CANdela, ODXstudio)
Day to Day Responsibilities, Expectations, Tasks:
- This team is responsible for interior and exterior lighting of all products (headlights, taillights, dome lights in the vehicle). Also responsible for all the switches on the dash and in the truck. They also work with their partners in cab to do the controls for heating ventilation and air conditioning to make sure everything is working correctly and functions as intended. Also making sure that any issues and problems get brought up with the supplier and get resolved.
- At a high level view; this role is supporting our current products and answering custom work orders and shop calls. The role will also support new product development of harness for medium duty truck platform. The engineer will be responsible for design and release of harnesses for the team.
- We support all our current products that are going through the plant right now. The first start of the day will be making sure the plants are happy, looking at custom work orders, shop calls coming in and making sure those are resolved.
Top 3 MUST-HAVE Hard Skills:
1. Candidates should ideally have test experience AND mechanical or electrical engineering experience. (If they have no testing experience, they must have the electrical engineering experience)
2. Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering
3. Great PC skills with spreadsheets and presentation type experience. To assist the lead engineer with getting everything prepared to present back. Good oral / written communication skills comes into play here.
Schedule: M - F 8 - 5
Duration: 2 year contract with potential for hire.
Location: Portland, OR.
Pay Rate: $32/hr