Technical Consultant - RIB Integration
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
The Service Consultant is a part of the Application Managed Services team who assists in the support of the production Oracle Retail application software. This includes troubleshooting issues, customizing existing software code, writing new software code, testing and debugging modifications, and ensuring appropriate documentation is generated for software code wherever necessary for OLR. Due to the global nature of OLR's business, employees may be required to travel as part of their job duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with clients by providing on-call support as needed, during business and non-business hours.
- Support and troubleshoot production client environments.
- Take ownership of or assist with the logging, reporting, and resolution of application issues.
- Ensure development standards are met in all coding practices.
- Assist in maintaining the OLR software development environment.
- Build and test application enhancements and modifications.
- Assist project teams in defining software functionality.
- Ensures adherence to OLR and customers quality standards, policies, processes, and procedures.
- Document or maintain general retail, Oracle Retail, and/or OLR specific practices and standards.
- Assist in the mentoring and coaching of more junior members of the team.
- Act as a stand-in for Service Delivery Manager when required.
- Document knowledge articles for internal cross-training
- Document and publish knowledge articles for the client to assist their first line resolution.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Technical skills needed.
- Strong knowledge of Java/JEE and Oracle PL/SQL
- Good to have technical knowledge of Unix Shell Scripting, BIP
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or related field, or 3+ years of relevant experience
- 2+ years of Oracle Retail related experience required industry.
- 2+ years development and/or systems integration experience preferred.
- Oracle Retail implementation experience, ideally for multiple implementations; previous consulting experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing and advocating quality management systems, methodologies and collateral preferred.
- Previous consulting experience
- In-depth understanding of Oracle Retail applications
- Must know 1) RIB 2) And at least one of RMS, RPM, REIM and SIM
- Professional approach when dealing with internal and external customers, including clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and willingness to provide exceptional customer service.
- High degree of initiative, accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities while maintaining a positive attitude under stressful circumstances.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with proprietary information.
- Strong ability to proactively identify and resolve issues.
- Good time management skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change in a complex global organization.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.