- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Job Title: President and Chief Executive Officer
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the President/Chief Executive Officer of Olive Branch Mission (the “Mission”) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for the Mission’s staff, social service programs and execution of its mission, and is responsible for the protection of Mission assets, careful stewardship of the fiscal and operational integrity of the Mission and raising the Mission’s profile in the community.
The Olive Branch Mission
Olive Branch Mission is a Christ-centered ministry strategically engaged in creating opportunities for life transformation, growth, development and restoration of individuals, families and communities, preserving human dignity, improving quality of life and achieving enduring self-sustainability and self-determination. Founded in 1867 by courageous Free Methodist women who dared to minister where most would not go, the Mission remains a place where lost, injured, broken and desperate lives can freely, safely and unconditionally receive help, love and care. Visit our website at https://www.obmission.org/home.
Responsibilities of the President/Chief Executive Officer
Leadership & Management:
- Responsible for facilitating the implementation of the current vision and strategic plan initiatives by developing short term and long term goals for Board approval.
- Ensure ongoing program excellence, rigorous program evaluation, consistent quality of finance administration, fundraising, communications and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Oversee the development of the annual operating and capital budgets working closely with the Board and others with a focus on stewardship and accountability. Such budgets will be approved by the Board.
- Lead, develop and retain the Mission’s high-performance senior management team.
- Actively engage and energize the Mission’s donors, Board members, volunteers, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Support the Board of Directors by providing accurate information and facilitating regular meetings. Effectively execute Board policies. Serve as an ex-officio member of the Board and each Board committee.
- Ensure effective systems to track and report service metrics and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the Board, funders, volunteers and donors.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Aggressively expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to enhance private support for program operations.
- Master all program requirements, reporting metrics and annual contract and budget submissions to ensure compliance with public/government funding sources.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Identify, acquire and utilize technology to support marketing of the services provided by the Mission via social media and other virtual platforms.
- Cultivate and maintain continued contact with potential and existing major donors to encourage and maintain gifts and to make special requests for large gifts (i.e., capital campaigns, anniversary celebrations, debt retirement).
- Be a strong presence in publishing and communicating program results with an emphasis on the successes of the program as a model for future expansion or replication.
The President/Chief Executive Officer must be thoroughly committed to Olive Branch Mission’s mission including a personal dedication to faith in Jesus Christ, whose teachings form the foundation of the Mission’s historical significance as well as its present mission and future endeavors. The President/Chief Executive Officer should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience.
Specific requirements include:
- Ideally an advanced degree, such as an MBA, with at least 10 years of senior management experience and a track record of effectively leading a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage and develop teams, set and achieve strategic objectives and manage a budget.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate new and existing Board member relationships.
- Strong marketing, public relations and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion, faith, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Prior experience preferably in working with individuals and families in housing transition, housing crisis, chronic homelessness, substance abuse and recovery.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance Options
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Paid personal leave time with potential for sabbatical every seven years
- 11 Paid holidays
OLIVE BRANCH MISSION
6310 South ClaremontChicago, IL
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?