Billing Operations Specialist
OL USA LLC Itasca, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
As a Billing Operations Specialist, you will handle the coordination of all aspects of the billing process for ocean import shipments as well as handle some operational functions. We're looking for someone who can build strong internal and external relationships and who has a great eye for details.
- Ability to effectively communicate with excellent written and verbal skills
- Highly detail-oriented and self-driven to improve
- Experience with logistics, prior experience in an NVOCC or freight forwarder
- Experience with ocean import shipments
- High energy, proactive, and highly organized with an ability to manage and complete multiple tasks on time
- A commitment to going above and beyond to fulfill client needs
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Collect all information needed to
- Auditing rates
- Securing the final bills of lading
- Entering billing information in the system
- Forward the invoice to the accounting team
- Provide the accounting department with proper and correct billing information.
- Data entry
- Filing shipments
- Track and trace ocean, rail, trucking, and air shipments daily
- Working with approved freight forwarders, steamship lines, and trucking carriers to determine availability and availability of freight rates
- Dispatching notifications to our network and carriers
- Working with customers, carriers, and warehouses to resolve issues with shipments
- Ensuring timely updates or shipment details and updating system timely to meet deadlines
- Forwarding completed shipment details to both internal colleagues and external customers
- Proactively identify gaps and contribute to the process of establishing controls resulting in zero compliance issues
Education and Experience
- 2 year in billing ocean import files
- 2 years of related import experience
OL USA is a small but fast-growing private company with over 100 years of international logistics experience, combined among the team. We have over 25 contracts with ocean carriers. We have agents across the globe in 6 continents and over 140 countries. Because of our expansive presents we are able to provide the best customer experience.
We are headquartered in New York but have 14 domestic offices, 2 international offices, and have dedicated partners strategically located throughout the world. We have the experience, expertise, resources, and market knowledge to be a truly global logistics solutions provider.
We are dedicated to maintaining and providing solutions to all our client's logistical needs. We believe that our true market advantage comes from our creative and individualized solutions. We utilize technology to track and manage our customer shipments with the highest accuracy.
*We do not ask about past salary information. This position may requires a physical presence in the workplace.
*We do not ask about past salary information.
Powered by JazzHR
OL USA LLC
HealthcareView all jobs at OL USA LLC