As a Machine Mold Repair Supervisor will be accountable for supervising hourly personnel in all phases of machine and mold repair, maintenance, installation and rebuilds. You will be responsible for all related design and specification activities. You must be familiar with all bottle making processes. In this position you will need to be competent to direct and oversee the rebuilding and reconditioning of all machine parts and mechanisms used in the various processes.
- Plans department work schedules and directs assignment of personnel and equipment. Insures work is completed on time and revises work schedules to reflect changed plant or department priorities.
- Analyzes operations and makes recommendations relative to changes in organization, personnel, equipment, department policies and procedures. Prepares department’s short and long-range plans.
- Hires and disciplines employees, supervises training and development of personnel, participates in grievances at the appropriate level and ensures appropriate personnel policies and programs are properly applied.
- Conducts periodic inspections of forming equipment including feeder mechanisms, bottle machines and various types of bottle handling equipment and takes appropriate action. Is responsible for department’s preventive maintenance program.
- Reviews bottle quality and mold equipment operating data; analyzes blueprints, job histories, specifications, etc. and makes recommendations relative to equipment operating adjustments and equipment design changes in order to assist with overall bottle quality program.
- Responsible for plant machines parts inventory to ensure sufficient parts and mold equipment to maintain production while minimizing inventory costs. Also responsible for department’s regular supplies, equipment and materials. Submits requisitions to purchasing and meets with vendor representatives to discuss technical requirements.
- Conducts regular department meetings. Meets with supervisor and other plant staff to discuss common issues and projects. Has working relationship with Perrysburg machine, mold repair specialists, container engineering, and mold control.
- Ensures correct use of safety equipment and that company safety policies are followed
- Develops and administers department budget. Assists with development of 901 requests.
Responsible for accurate preparation and maintenance of all department records and reports.
- Coordinates and directs outside contracting work associated with the machines.
- Support job changes improvement initiatives
- Oversees Machine Repair and Mold Maker apprenticeship programs and may oversee plant wide apprentice program
- Oversees machine repair and provides training to Mfg. Trainee positions for succession planning.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment critical to the operation of the factory. Lack of knowledge and experience could cause severe manufacturing issues and cause critical damage to the one of the facilities leading assets.
- Able to recognize failure prior to failing allowing repairs to be scheduled versus being unscheduled thus reducing unneeded down time.
- Schedules / recommends down time to repair / replace components do to scheduled preventive maintenance plan.
- Looked at as an expert in the IS machine field and called by other machine repair supervisors for guidance.
- Supervises and evaluates mechanics, apprentices and support personnel assigned to the machine repair shop
- Directs and supervises the repair of glass forming machines and associated equipment
- Responds to emergencies, unscheduled breakdowns and critical production problems preventing the factory from achieving acceptable production numbers
In this position you will report to the Tank Production Manager.
- High school - Preference with some college.
- Preference for B.S.M.E.
- Specialized / Technical Knowledge
- Management skills
- Prior mold/machine repair experience
- Supervisory Experience
- Machinery Experience / Blueprint reading proficiency
What We Offer:
- Opportunity for future growth and advancement
- Generous, Award-winning 401(k) plan w/ employer contribution & match
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Relaxed and contemporary dress code
- Education Assistance program
- Adoption Assistance program
- and much more…