Luxury Home Builder in Dallas, TX seeks an experienced Purchasing Manager. The company specializes in luxury custom homes ($1 million+) and offers an exciting work environment. Excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing company and work directly for the owner.
Position requires an effective individual who can multi-task, meet deadlines and enjoys details. They will execute purchasing and cost control systems and play an important role in budgeting. The ideal candidate will have significant purchasing experience in residential construction and is self-motivated to accomplish tasks with little oversight.
- Work with a team and manage bidding, budgeting, purchasing and administration related to multiple luxury custom home construction projects. They will also need the ability to read construction plans and related documentation to prepare bid packages and be able to follow through in the awarding of bids and their eventual processing through QuickBooks. Awarding bids entails verifying scope, quantities and cost plus identifying new sub-contractors and negotiating prices.
- The ideal candidate will also routinely consult with the sales team, production team and other internal team members as well as architects, designers, engineers and our clients. They will also perform cost/benefit analysis of products and services in addition to tracking the cost and effectiveness of current purchasing decisions. They must be detail oriented and able to identify the labor, time and material requirements of a purchase by reviewing proposals, plans specifications and related material.
- Perhaps the most important task in this position will revolve around the job of preparing detailed proposals through hard bid and previous cost analysis that will be presented to prospective clients.
- The successful applicant must have strong skills in reporting, documenting and organizing complex projects using EXCEL spreadsheets. Proficiency in Excel is a must.
Relevant Experience and Skills:
- Energetic, organized and detail-oriented
- Solid knowledge of residential building practices
- Full understanding of building materials from foundation to finish
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Ability to work independently as needed
- 2+ years of experience in purchasing for a residential builder
- Field construction experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree a plus
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: $60,000 / year
- Vacation / PTO: negotiable
- Insurance, Benefits: negotiable