- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Essential Function and Responsibilities:
- Set up weld machine with proper gas and wire.
- Organize weld components in assigned work station using forklift, hoist, or manual lifting.
- Prepare all material surfaces to be welded ensuring there are no loose or thick scale, slag, rust, moisture, grease or other foreign matter.
- Check welding components for visible defects.
- Check joint fit-up for misalignment prior to welding.
- Read and interpret blueprints as required to complete necessary welds.
- Weld components using proper welding techniques controlling distortion, shrinkage, and weld size to finish weld assemblies to meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Remove all slag and heavy spatter from completed welds.
- Check completed welds for visible defects.
- Correct defects immediately.
- Use time and material effectively to meet or exceed Companyâ€™s
- Advise Supervisor of problem areas.
- Perform an acceptable amount of work with few or no errors.
Internal and/or External Relationships:
- Work with and takes work direction from Lead Welders and Supervisor.
- Work in conjunction with Welder Trainees, Certified Welders, Fitter Welders, and Lead Welders to weld assemblies per customer print and specifications.
- Perform Routine Maintenance Of All Equipment Utilized
- Maintain all equipment in good working order during daily operations.
- Adhere to established preventive maintenance plan.
- Make recommendations for equipment maintenance to Supervisor.
- Maintain a Clean and Safe Work Area
- Work area and equipment are clean and safe at all times.
- Keep walkways and exit doors are clear of equipment, material, tools, etc.
- Be sure all required guards and safety equipment are properly used.
- Sweep work area out to isle at end of shift.
- Contribute to a Favorable Work Environment
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with fellow employees.
- Willing to work as a team member.
- Convey a positive attitude toward coworkers.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance when interacting with outside customers, service personnel, and vendors.
- Reflect a positive â€œcan doâ€ attitude toward people, company policies, and procedures.
- Support management decisions, or disagree in a positive, constructive manner.
- Perform Assigned Duties and Responsibilities Efficiently
- Willingness to perform other tasks not related to your present Position
- Correctly maintain an accurate daily time card to ensure accurate accounting records relevant to specific jobs.
- Maintain attendance per company guidelines.
- Continually challenge and improve the setup and run times.
The following listed articles are required (or as deemed necessary by the hiring authority) for the initial acceptance of a welder. A High School Diploma or Equivalent is preferred. Minimum of one (1) year-related schooling and 2 years welding/fitting experience or any combination of schooling and/or experience that equals twelve (24) months. Pass OEMâ€™s physical weld test, written welder exam which includes blueprint reading, tape measure reading, and various welding questions.
You should be proficient in:
- Blueprint Reading
- Welding Setups for Production
$18 - $25 / hr
ConstructionView all jobs at OEM Fabricators